New Novel Template

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:57 am Post

...in which case (using 1.54), just download the original one instead from above.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Bo
Bonnie
Platform: Windows

Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:16 am Post

I would love to see something like this for the Windows Version! It could be very helpful.

MimeticMouton

Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:47 am Post

Hi Bonnie,

As far as I know, there's no way yet to import templates into the Windows Scrivener (in fact I don't know if the packaged templates are working yet), so I've just created a 2.0 .scriv project with this template for you to use on the Windows version. Just open it as a normal project and then do a "save as" to give it a new name for your project (thus keeping the original version clean for reuse), or just unzip it again to get the clean version if you happen to overwrite it.

I made this from the latest (Nov 29th) update iGregor put up, and also wiped Keith's name from the Compile meta-data (I don't think that matters at all for Windows,, since it's for epub and some other options Windows doesn't have yet, but whatever). Should be good to go!
Attachments
MyJourneyTemplatev2.0.scriv.zip
Windows-compatible version (updated)
(201.81 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

Bo
Bonnie
Platform: Windows

Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 pm Post

You can't import yet but I just double clicked it and it opened and all I could say is WOW!!!!!!

Thank you for this. Its amazing!

Mollys Mum

Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:49 pm Post

Igregor, thanks SO MUCH for this. I am a huge fan of Campbell's, as well as Vogler's, and have used Vogler's book to help structure my next novel. Your template could not have come at a better time. My great appreciation for sharing your hard work. If the book EVER sees the light of day (don't hold your breath), you will find your name in the acknowledgements right up there beside Keith's!

:D

igregor
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 pm Post

Molly.

You are most welcome. I'm delighted to share -- and very happy to take billing behind Keith. :D

Be sure to let me know if & when you're autographing copies of your book in the Washington DC Metro area.

Greg
-- iGregor

Mollys Mum

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:49 pm Post

Be sure to let me know if & when you're autographing copies of your book in the Washington DC Metro area

I most certainly will, Greg. :)
May we both live long enough.

pk
pking36330

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 am Post

Sorry to come in so late to a thread idle for many months, but I would love to look at the template discussed in this thread. I'm a new Mac user and Scrivener user (just purchased yesterday). I've downloaded every version of the file on this thread and tried to open it by importing and by starting a new project and I CAN NOT get this scrivener file to open. I'm on a MBA with Lion and Scrivener 2.2.

I don't even have a Library file that was referenced: ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/ProjectTemplates

There is no Scrivener folder in my Library/Application Support folder. But my Scrivener program is running great and I have my NaNoWriMo project open and everything is perfect. I just can't seem to figure out how to look at the template mentioned in this thread.

MimeticMouton

Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 am Post

On the Mac 2.2 you'll want to download the second file from the first post in this thread, which is a template file compatible with Scrivener 2. Double-click the .zip file to unzip it, then in Scrivener choose File > New Project if necessary to bring up the new project window, which displays all the templates. Click the "Options" button on the left and choose "Import Templates..." then navigate in the browser to where you unzipped the downloaded template file. Choose that .scrivtemplate file and then click "Import" and Scrivener will take care of copying it to the correct location in the Library folder. (You do have one, it's just that in their ultimate wisdom, Apple decided to hide the user Library folder from users, so you need to hold the Option key when looking in the Finder's "Go" menu to see it. The folder you were looking at is probably the system Library. Anyway, you don't need to mess with any of this, since the import feature will do all this for you.)

Once that's done the template will appear under the proper category (presumably "Fiction") in your new project window. You can also then delete the downloaded file and unzipped version, since using "import" will have copied the necessary file to another location where Scrivener accesses it.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

pk
pking36330

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:02 pm Post

MimeticMotion, thank you for the succinct explanation. It worked perfectly. I do appreciate you assisting a guy being 'that newbie' and providing exactly the level of detail I needed to get this download/extract/install to work.

Thank you also to the template author for sharing. Seems like the first order of business with the template will be to divide the storyline arc descriptions in the Research folder into scenes and then off I go. I appreciate your sharing this work with the community.

bi
birdsong

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:01 am Post

Thank you so much for coming up with this fascinating approach and for giving it to us so generously. I am looking forward to working with it.