AmberV wrote:Ok, I think I follow… So then how would you advise me to compile from there? Just got to Compile and just select Current Selection?
That’s one way to do it, if the outliner sorting is satisfactory.
The Outliner sorting is fine, but I still haven't yet figured out to use it for the desired output format that I'm seeking.
AmberV wrote:Finally, would you suggest a particular file format to make it easier to read and navigate the file? Thanks again!
That’s the kind of thing that you’re going to want to experiment with yourself. I couldn’t tell you which format is going to be most pleasing/efficient for you to work with. For myself, I’d use MultiMarkdown, but that’s because I have whole workflows built around that.
Thanks. I thought you had suggested Excel -- just as a format that would better organize and group the selection of notes by Keywords & Labels. I'm open to any format -- esp. one that generally enables me to organize and navigate through the document efficiently (e.g., with disclosure triangles that enable me to collapse and reveal notes -- if that's even possible). Is there a file format that you feel would serve me best in that way?
AmberV wrote:As for printing keyword and label information, it would be easier if you posted what you are trying to do, as a sequence of steps and descriptions of your settings. Keep in mind my earlier advice, that when you are compiling via a collection or selection, everything will be on “Level 1”, so your Formatting pane needs to have these things applied to level one.
Fair enough. Here's what I've done, based on your suggestions in our exchange...
1. I've saved a Collection in which I've selected an " * " for Search, then selected Search In->Keywords ; Operator->Exac Phrase ; Options->Search "Included" Documents & Search "Excluded" Documents and then I saved it as "Keywords" Collection;
2. I select the "Keywords" Collection
3. Select all of the text files in the "Keywords" Collection in the binder
4. Select View->Outliner
5. Click on the Keywords column to sort in descending order -- A - Z
6. Click on Compile, which now show "Current Selection"
7. I click on Formatting (under compile) but...that upends the Outliner set up
8. Right now, all of the boxes are check for the first Level 1 row (the folder), and
9. Under Formatting->Section Layout...->Title Prefix and Suffix->[in the Prefix box, I've typed: <$keyword> ]
So, that's what I've done before hitting the Compile button. What should I do differently to make it sort by Keywords, and to show the Labels for each text selections?