Does anyone know anything about Story Planner App?

ginestre
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:51 am Post

Does anyone know anything about Story Planner App? I found it referenced in the Scrivener Mac forum under the bizarre heading of BREXIT (almost certainly as a piece of product placement, but wtf?) , and visited the site.

It claims to be able to export its outlining stuff directly into Scrivener, something I currently do from an excellent little Japanese app called Tree which has sadly recently died - but as the story planner site itself has no street address, pedigree or app history and the domain was registered through amazon, I'm a little suspicious. Anyone know anything?
It lives here: https://www.storyplannerapp.com

As always, TIA

Richard

popcornflix

Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:08 am Post

Just from their web page, it looks like a clunky app designed by someone who doesn't write.

If you want to work with an outliner and then import directly into Scrivener, choose an outlining app that exports to OPML. You import the OPML into Scrivener, and it retains the hierachy and the notes. (See page 825 of Scrivener manual.)

OmniOutliner is about the best outliner on the Mac. There are also free outliners on the web, like Workflowy, Some mind-mapping software like Mindnode export to OPML as well.
.:popcornFlix:.

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:43 am Post

I use iThoughts (both Mac and iOS) for that, and it works well together with Scrivener.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Ch
ChrisAlpinger
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:07 pm Post

Hello

I use the app on IPad and Mac Book, you can plan everything in prinzipt, then export it to Scrivener. To be found under Project Export to Scrivener.
After export you have to open it with Scrivener, because the one scrivener file is created or you import this into an existing project, thereby individual folders are created, like places, figures and scenes.

I think it's a great addition to Scrivener in conjunction with Scapple, perfect.

Sorry my english is not that good.

LG

St
StarDog2
Platform: Windows

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 pm Post

I've never been comfortable with those 'guided planning' apps. Most of what something like that offers can be duplicated through the use of templates within Scrivener itself. Give me a nice tree structure similar to the binder, and I'm good to go.

ja
jandrewnelson

Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:43 pm Post

Is there an app similar to OmniOutliner except for Windows?

krastev

Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:48 am Post

jandrewnelson wrote:Is there an app similar to OmniOutliner except for Windows?

Word... although it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of OminiOutline, it comes very close.
Krastev
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scrivener for Windows Version 1.9.13.0
Testing Scrivener Beta for Windows

Ch
Chadcs
Platform: Mac

Sun May 12, 2019 3:11 am Post

I just used Story Planner to outline my most recent novel, and I thought it worked brilliantly. It imported well into Scrivener. I will almost assuredly use it again in the future.