Page 5 of 5

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:01 pm
by ScrivTrex
bernardo vasconcelos wrote:Let's try again. See if this works and let me know ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w82k8lvl4xip89m/Themes.zip?dl=1

Thanks for this, but it still displays the base64 code for the <data> tag. It's not displaying human readable RGB color values, for instance.

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:10 pm
by AmberV
That’s not going to be feasible to do without a Mac (and then of course you might as well just use the front end in Scrivener), and even then, you’d probably need to be a developer, to some degree, to do anything useful with the data. For the sake of curiosity, the base64 decodes to a binary serialised object (which itself contains a paired Color and ColorSpace object). As with most object serialisations, they are pretty useless without the program that seralised them or the development environment at the least if it was produced from a common library object.

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:36 pm
by bernardo vasconcelos
ScrivTrex wrote:
bernardo vasconcelos wrote:Let's try again. See if this works and let me know ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w82k8lvl4xip89m/Themes.zip?dl=1

Thanks for this, but it still displays the base64 code for the <data> tag. It's not displaying human readable RGB color values, for instance.


I just added most of the colours I used to this github page: https://github.com/bcdavasconcelos/Them ... /Scrivener

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Bernardo

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 9:51 pm
by ScrivTrex
AmberV wrote:That’s not going to be feasible to do without a Mac (and then of course you might as well just use the front end in Scrivener), and even then, you’d probably need to be a developer, to some degree, to do anything useful with the data. For the sake of curiosity, the base64 decodes to a binary serialised object (which itself contains a paired Color and ColorSpace object). As with most object serialisations, they are pretty useless without the program that seralised them or the development environment at the least if it was produced from a common library object.

Thanks. I am technically savvy, and I do have development experience. But, I think I'll err on the side of caution and stick with only editing Windows Scrivener theme files. :)

bernardo vasconcelos wrote:I just added most of the colours I used to this github page: https://github.com/bcdavasconcelos/Them ... /Scrivener

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Bernardo

Are these the only handful of colors used in the whole theme? What UI elements are ayu-mirage-2, ayu-mirage, and fondo referring to? Thanks.

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:38 pm
by Aaron_Hall
ScrivTrex wrote:
AmberV wrote:That’s not going to be feasible to do without a Mac (and then of course you might as well just use the front end in Scrivener), and even then, you’d probably need to be a developer, to some degree, to do anything useful with the data. For the sake of curiosity, the base64 decodes to a binary serialised object (which itself contains a paired Color and ColorSpace object). As with most object serialisations, they are pretty useless without the program that seralised them or the development environment at the least if it was produced from a common library object.

Thanks. I am technically savvy, and I do have development experience. But, I think I'll err on the side of caution and stick with only editing Windows Scrivener theme files. :)

bernardo vasconcelos wrote:I just added most of the colours I used to this github page: https://github.com/bcdavasconcelos/Them ... /Scrivener

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, just let me know.

Bernardo

Are these the only handful of colors used in the whole theme? What UI elements are ayu-mirage-2, ayu-mirage, and fondo referring to? Thanks.





If you have any luck with this please let me know! I've been playing about with some of the customization options in Scrivener to try and replicate a few of these themes for the Windows V3 RC version but haven't has much luck (being colour blind probably doesn't help!).

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:08 pm
by bernardo vasconcelos
Are these the only handful of colors used in the whole theme?

I have not checked to be 100% sure, but probably.

What UI elements are ayu-mirage-2, ayu-mirage, and fondo referring to? Thanks.


I don't understand the question.

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:46 am
by maryportis
Hi all,

Amazing work from the respective creators so far. I've had some time on my hands and thought I would give it a go and upload some new themes for you all. Thoughts, opinions, complaints? Let me know :D
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycwz6xc242jyh0v/AAAdM0iaBRH6KSWH3ewWHOara?dl=0

Jasmine
Jasmine.png
Jasmine.png (403.81 KiB) Viewed 1752 times


Charcoal
Charcoal.png
Charcoal.png (858.24 KiB) Viewed 1748 times


Monokai Night
Monokai-Night.png
Monokai-Night.png (786.34 KiB) Viewed 1748 times

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:11 am
by Catreina
Is there some problem with RC8 where it won't load any themes? Windows themes show "*.sctheme" for theme loading, and whenever I try to load it, regardless of theme (if it is not bundled), the theme says "Scrivener failed loading a theme. Cannot find the theme configuration file."

I have tried 15 different themes and this occurs on each of them.

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:18 am
by xiamenese
Catreina wrote:Is there some problem with RC8 where it won't load any themes? Windows themes show "*.sctheme" for theme loading, and whenever I try to load it, regardless of theme (if it is not bundled), the theme says "Scrivener failed loading a theme. Cannot find the theme configuration file."

I have tried 15 different themes and this occurs on each of them.

See your cross-post in the Windows forum.

:)

Mark

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:47 pm
by Altazor
Awesome!


maryportis wrote:Hi all,

Amazing work from the respective creators so far. I've had some time on my hands and thought I would give it a go and upload some new themes for you all. Thoughts, opinions, complaints? Let me know :D
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ycwz6xc242jyh0v/AAAdM0iaBRH6KSWH3ewWHOara?dl=0

Jasmine
Jasmine.png

Charcoal
Charcoal.png

Monokai Night
Monokai-Night.png

Re: Scrivener 3 Themes

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:19 pm
by stevensko
My understanding is that Mac themes do not work on Windows, Additionally, the appearance editor on windows beta is not complete yet. Is that correct? I'm trying to make an all black theme but the editor only allows me to change some of the colors.