Hero's Journey (Vogler) Template

ch
chillytv
Platform: Mac

Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:55 am Post

Same here. It looks like my Scriv is not reading it. Also had trouble with the zip from the start. I haven't updated to the latest version. Could that be the problem? Also using a Mac, could that be it?

MimeticMouton
Platform: Mac + Windows

Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:09 am Post

susankmcq wrote:when I try to download it I get an error message

Is this just a problem downloading the file? Try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser to download the file in that case. If it's an error message when you try to open the project in Scrivener, could you provide a screenshot or the wording of the message?

chillytv wrote:Same here. It looks like my Scriv is not reading it. Also had trouble with the zip from the start. I haven't updated to the latest version. Could that be the problem? Also using a Mac, could that be it?

Both Mac 2.x and Windows versions can read the file, but if you're still on 1.54 you won't be able to open it as it uses the newer format. There may be a version of the template for the 1.x version of Mac? I have vague recollections of it--at any rate, give a search, as there were certainly templates floating around the forum before the 2.0 release.

For Windows/Mac 2.x: It's a full project, not a template, so you'll need to download and extract the zip (usually you can just double-click it on a Mac to get the archive utility to open it, though if you have other utilities installed for handling compressed files, you may have other steps), then just open the project in Scrivener as a regular project. If you want to save it as an actual template file, you can open it and then choose File > Save As Template... before beginning to fill it out; this will add it to the available templates in the New Project window.
Jennifer Hughes
(MM for short)

AJ
AJlight
Platform: Windows

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:33 am Post

Hi, I also get an error message when trying to open it.
In scrivener it says:

file is not writable, access is denied. Auto save needs write permission to your project

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, how do you include a screen shot?

Ez
Ezzie

Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 pm Post

I'm having the same problem. Here's a screenshot

I'm new to plotting, and was so thrilled to see your template. Any help would be appreciated.

Ez
Ezzie

Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:05 am Post

Nevermind. I figured it out. *blush*

Be
BethCutter

Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:13 pm Post

Ezzie wrote:Nevermind. I figured it out. *blush*

Um. I'm having the same problem, can you explain for my sake?

AJ
AJlight

Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm Post

for me in windows this is what happened and the solution:
1) downloaded as a zipped folder... I clicked on it
2) it looked to have unziped sub folders and files (no zipper on them) (these gave me same error message above.
3) right click in the apparently unzipped folder and it will ask you to extract all.
4) once I did that the scriv file opened with no problem.

Also, copying and pasting the files (not folder) to another location works.

By the way AWESOME templet cudos to the creator. Any others you make I would check out!

Hope that is clear. The short version make sure the files are unzipped, extracted and not just accessible.

Be
BethCutter

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:55 pm Post

AJlight wrote:
Hope that is clear. The short version make sure the files are unzipped, extracted and not just accessible.

:oops: So that's what I did wrong. Silly me. :oops: