Using the Project Notes for Keywords

Eiron

Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:28 pm Post

I've been using Scrivener for an ongoing project that had literally thousands of notes to import and organize. Since Scrivener is more draft oriented -as it should be- than note oriented -as I (ab)use it- I've had to develop workarounds to help make sense of the mess.

Case in point. I make extensive use of keywords. But I find the HUD limiting some of the time. I'd like to be able to see all my Keywords onscreen at one time without having to scroll. I'd like my major Keywords to stand out a bit in the precise order I like (rather than alphabetized). In short, I'd like to organize and display KeyWords as I see fit. And the HUD won't do that.
Well I just realized that the Project notes make an excellent secondary HUD. I can select all the keywords in the HUD and drag them over to Project Notes and then re organize and reformat them as I please. I can put several on a line and size the window to fit the job.
When it comes to applying a keyword, I drag it out of the project notes just as I would from the HUD. Handy when you're going to be doing a lot of tagging and works perfectly. This is of course thanks to Keith making Keywords uber-draggable in any direction.

One more feature request avoided. :)

E
Last edited by Eiron on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ti
tim

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:44 pm Post

Useful tip, Eiron. :!:
Thanks.

T
In theory, there's no difference
between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Yogi Berra