Compiling Outline with a column (Keywords)

cv
cvf
Platform: Mac

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:31 pm Post

Hi,

I can set up a outline view inside scrivener with a column next to it, in this case with just a Keywords column. (see attached screenshot).

I'd like to be able to compile this exactly as it looks: Outline info in one column, Keyword column to the right. Any way to do this? Thanks!
Attachments
Compile Outline with Keywords as Column.png
Compile Outline with Keywords as Column.png (251.52 KiB) Viewed 88 times

kewms

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:48 pm Post

You can't Compile that, but you can export the Outline view as a CSV file and open it in the spreadsheet of your choice.

(File -> Export -> Outliner contents as CSV)

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

cv
cvf

Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:35 pm Post

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Unfortunately, this doesn't serve my purposes. It creates three columns: title, synopsis, keywords, side by side, whereas I need it to look like my screenshot, which has the synopsis under the title in one column, and the keywords next to them in a second column.

Can something closer to this be done?

I see that one can include the keywords under the outline title if you set up printing correctly, and use "Print Current Document..." , so you get: Heading, keywords (under that), and synopsis (under that), in a stack. Is there a way to do the same thing in compile? The problem with using print, is that doesn't allow me to save it as a Word document.

cv
cvf

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:02 pm Post

Attached is an example of what I'd like it to be. Not looking for anything pretty.

This example is time consuming to create; it involves quite a bit of copying and pasting. Automating this is something that I imagine others might want to do as well. Feature request?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.02.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 2.02.24 PM.png (540.23 KiB) Viewed 79 times