NEW Zotero RTF Scan Style

hi
hipersons
Platform: Mac

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 pm Post

Before today, to my knowledge, there wasn't a citation style for Zotero which made it easy to drag and drop or use shift-cmd-C to paste the temporary notation into Scrivener that would make RTF scans less painful.

But now there is.
http://rapidshare.com/files/449644793/RTF-Scan-Dragdrop.csl

Download this, drag and drop it into firefox and click install. Then you'll need to change your preferences. I found this to be really helpful in reducing the guessing game for some references of how to format the reference. Perhaps there was an easier way before this, though.

ki
kithairon
Platform: Mac

Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:37 pm Post

Thanks for the link hipersons; this is useful. I've cobbled one together myself but this one is cleaner and works even better.
kithairon

bargonzo
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:14 am Post

I have attempted to "drag and drop it into firefox and click install," but when I drag and drop, I get a blank page, and no option to install. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Imagine this very elaborate scientific lie: that sound cannot travel through outer space. Well, but suppose it can.

Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

bargonzo
Platform: Mac + Windows

Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:21 am Post

Nevermind! I did a bit o' research on Styles, and discovered that I had to remove the ".html" extension from the file name. Then it installed perfectly!
Imagine this very elaborate scientific lie: that sound cannot travel through outer space. Well, but suppose it can.

Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow