Latest Catalina beta doing something visually weird to Scrivener

go
godell99
Platform: Mac

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 pm Post

I know it's a lot to ask (I've done software support for years). However, is there a target release date for the fix to this issue.?

It's a bit difficult to deal with especially when I go between dual monitors at different resolutions.

Thanks!

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:45 am Post

We've been working around the clock to get it all done, and it *should* be available for immediately download on the site, later today, as well as through the auto-update feed in the software. As you say though, it's never good to make promises since you never know if a bad crasher may pop up in last minute checking, or whatever.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

go
godell99

Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:51 pm Post

Thanks for that info. I appreciate all that you and the team there are doing... hope y'all get some rest soon.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:27 pm Post

Scrivener ▸ Check for Updates... everyone!

And for those on the MAS, you can try using the direct-sale version, it might unlock itself if it finds your MAS receipts. If not, you’ll have a few more days to wait while we make sure there aren’t any major issues left in this release.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

ma
matsgz
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:41 pm Post

According to the realese notes you

Worked around an OS bug whereby the bold and italic menu items would not work on Catalina.
Worked around an OS bug whereby the UI elements of the main window may not resize correctly on Catalina.

Downloaded the latest update. The resizing issue seems to be addressed. Thank you!

The bold/italics issue seems to remain though. In my live project both the italics and bold was greyed out in the headlines (Palatino). In the main text (Courier Prime Sans) the italics option was greyed out.

Also updated Scrivener in my unadalturated test account (see screen-shot). There, using default Palatino, bold was greyed out (more expanation in the attachment).

Edit: apparently the attachment quota is filled. I'll send the screen shot by mail.
Scribo ergo sum

vo
voltz2525

Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:13 pm Post

I'm having the exact same problem. I just updated to Catilina this morning. I'm trying to attach my screenshot but apparently our quota has been met for attachments on this chain.