Scivener 3.1 Beta

EC
ECJ
Platform: Mac

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:19 pm Post

I still have that old plist. Though as I said, replacing the new one with those "old" one for testing, didn't hold 3.1 back from running as fine as it can. Not sure if the "error" wasn't overwritten, though I changed them back after 3.1 loaded to definitely have a fresh start.
If that's still useful for you, I can hand it over. Would it be safe to upload here or does it contain any personal stuff?
Scrivener Support

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:50 pm Post

Ah okay I missed where you tried that. Well if it doesn’t crash for you after replacing it then I doubt the problem can be communicated with a file. It was probably a jam in the preference infrastruction of the Mac.

If you do want to send it, I'd use PM or email (both as icons below my avatar on the left). There may be personal information in it, in the form of any information you've added to the General: Author Information panel, as well as the paths and filenames of the projects you use (some window state info is stored there, like split view and window shape).
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

EC
ECJ

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:24 pm Post

Well... There is no E-Mail under your Avatar. Only PM and Website if I'm not overseeing something. PM doesn't work though. Invalid file extension.
Scrivener Support

ma
marcoiac

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:28 pm Post

Just downloaded the Beta noir on three different machines all running Mojave latest betas and they all work flawlessly (and beautifully dark :D )

EC
ECJ

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 am Post

marcoiac wrote:Just downloaded the Beta noir on three different machines all running Mojave latest betas and they all work flawlessly (and beautifully dark :D )

Sad you missed all the fun getting it running :lol:
Scrivener Support

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:52 am Post

Glad to hear the update went smoothly in your case, marcoiac. I’m liking the dark look a lot as well, it’s a preference I have in general, always choosing dark themes in programs that have offered it. Nice to have the whole system like a lump of charcoal instead of a flashlight. :)

On the crashing bug a few had, I got lucky and ran into the same exact crash pattern, while testing something else. I’ve got a settings file that will trigger the bug 100% of the time, on this Mac anyway. So hopefully Keith can use that to track down the problem setting.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

EC
ECJ

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:19 pm Post

Great news. Hope that won't push the official update back for too long!
Scrivener Support

ap
apoc527
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:33 pm Post

I've also had zero issues with the beta. Figures it always helps to know when someone DOESN'T have any problems!

Je
JennK

Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:32 pm Post

I made the mistake of installing the beta before reading this thread. I'm one of the poor unfortunate souls who's crashing on launch every time. This is a new computer and all apps were freshly installed, so there shouldn't be a whole lot of extraneous "stuff" on it. Ioa, if you need crash logs or anything, give a shout.

ma
marcoiac

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:57 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Glad to hear the update went smoothly in your case, marcoiac. I’m liking the dark look a lot as well, it’s a preference I have in general, always choosing dark themes in programs that have offered it. Nice to have the whole system like a lump of charcoal instead of a flashlight. :)

Yeah, so easy on the eyes, the noir look! We should have the option of having this forum in dark mode too :)