1Password question

th
thewolfgang

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:25 pm Post

I have used 1Password as long as I can remember and it has always worked badly. But it seemed the best option.

Are there better options now?

Is there a way to reset 1Password so that it becomes virgin again and won't be slowed down with data?

LV

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:29 pm Post

I have never used any password storage tool that is more complicated that a txt file on a encrypted disk (do not save the password in keychain). Not as convenient, but functional, lightweight, and reliable. Just takes some thought to find the best way to organize the passwords (I don't use URL but "names" such as "scrivener" or "LinkedIn").
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

ex
exegete77
Platform: Mac

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 pm Post

I have been using 1Password for a few months. Well worth the money and investments. It has saved me several times.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:02 pm Post

The thing that bothers me about 1Password is the security aspect. This application provides plug-ins which essentially give the host application the rights to access any and all of your passwords. Is it really worth opening things up like that for a little convenience?
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

co
coolie21
Platform: Mac

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 pm Post

thewolfgang wrote:I have used 1Password as long as I can remember and it has always worked badly.

I have used 1Password as long as I can remember and it has always worked brilliantly.

There.

An equally helpful statement.

Personally I couldn't manage without it, I have it synced across several macs via dropbox. Its keychain is much more secure than the native Mac OSX keychain. It generates highly secure passwords that you don't have to remember. Wish I could use it on my work PC....

th
thewolfgang

Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:16 pm Post

Okay I am going to shoulder the blame. Esp. when 1Password have posted the following

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/create_ ... chain.html

on their web site.

I will try again - thanks for your resolute defense.

LV

fl
flow

Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:08 am Post

I love using 1Password. I can create passwords like Rdz8kafv3iQB, unique for each login, without having to remember the password, and without having to type the password in while in public. Beautiful.