A website writing tool endorsement

ss
sschriver
Platform: Windows

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:56 am Post

For anyone interested, Dabble has worked great for me. The software designer is still working on features, but he alone programmed the software in a fraction of the years that Scrivener has screwed around with their Windows version, and I'm loving it.

It has an app, but also can be used on the website, and it automatically syncs between tablet, phone and computer.

Tw
Twolane
Platform: Windows

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:18 pm Post

Ah. Of course. Subscription-based. Use the tools you want to use and discard the remainder.

You continue to have access to your manuscripts for at least 1 year from the time you unsubscribe.

Of course. Nothing like having access to one's ms after a year of not being able to afford the expense.

kewms
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:24 pm Post

"A one-time payment of $399 gives you all features forever (no discounts allowed, sorry)."

Which is more than double Microsoft Office and 8x Scrivener.

But sure, it's your money.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

As
Ascher
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:59 am Post

The live word count on their website - if genuine - makes me wonder just how much else of what's written in Dabble is monitored.

The "Scrivener without the learning curve" is a bit daft: heavy-handed marketing meant to perpetuate the myth rather than to report a new reality.

Silverdragon

Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:45 am Post

Personally, I was put off by the massive email barrage trying to get me to re-sign up when I erased my account after the free trial.
  • Fiction-writer curled up on her silicon hoard
  • Mac Scrivener 3.2.2, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.15.7 (Catalina)
  • iOS Scrivener 1.2.1, iPad 6, iPhone 12 pro, i(Pad)OS 14.5

kewms

Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:47 pm Post

Ascher wrote:The "Scrivener without the learning curve" is a bit daft: heavy-handed marketing meant to perpetuate the myth rather than to report a new reality.

Well, they don't even claim to have anything like Scrivener's Compile command, which is a major source of complexity for both users and the development team.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

homeport

Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:49 am Post

Nah will stick with scrivener its the best writing tool I don't like subscription based stuff and the thought of them having access to my writing does not appeal
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

url=http://novelinaday.com]Image