Notebooks for iPhone

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:02 pm Post

Forum users have expressed much interest in a good note-taking program that runs on the iPhone and transfers files to a Mac for use in Scrivener. In fact, we probably should have a main topic on this subject.

Here's the latest candidate: a review in MacWorld for Notebooks, which looks like a good note-taker on the fly. http://www.macworld.com/article/140044/ ... c=rss_main

ro
rochefore

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:42 am Post

I have purchased TextGuru, Syncbooks, WriteRoom and Notebooks (all for the iPhone/iPodTouch).
Notebooks suits my needs best. It may not be as elegant as WriteRoom but has the functionality and stability that is necessary for me as somebody who makes his meager living by writing. It supports copy and paste, allows searching, syncs to my MacBook, even lets me view pdf, html, word-files. The developer, Alfons Schmid, is very responsive and has promised a desktop version of his app so syncing should become even easier.

TextGuru is unstable and not supported any more. Ditto for SyncBooks. And as to WriteRoom: I love anything that Hogbay Software brings forth -- only here the limitations are too grave. Syncing is a pain in the neck, there are no folders, there is no copy and paste, there is no searching.

Hu
Hugh
Platform: Mac

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm Post

'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'