I'm finally moving on up...best way to install Leopard?

Ga
Gaijin de Moscu

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:27 pm Post

I use http://www.mozy.com for backups. It does everything in the background. Never really had to restore, but I tried just to check and it was easy.

My "backup" 2-gig drive failed even before my iMac's did, just so you understand my reasons.

As for the Leo installation, the only reason I do clean wipe and install is to save on disk space. I truly believe it installs on top of Tiger just fine.

ni
nib

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:35 pm Post

Jaysen, thanks for the suggestion, it worked perfectly. My archive from the Archive and Install option while upgrading to Leopard was somehow corrupted but I had saved the mailboxes to CD before starting the process so everything is great now. I'm a happy camper!
My tropical fish stayed the same size for years in a 20 gallon tank: I put them in a new 50 gallon tank and they grew huge. And that’s why I refuse to buy bigger pants.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:03 pm Post

What? Further damage to my reputation as a fount of useless information and/or suggestions?!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

ni
nib

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:11 pm Post

Gaijin de Moscu:
I'm evaluating Mozy and Carbonite and will probably go with one of them. Hopefully before I have another problem, eh?
My tropical fish stayed the same size for years in a 20 gallon tank: I put them in a new 50 gallon tank and they grew huge. And that’s why I refuse to buy bigger pants.