Popular Productivity App Bundle for $40

In
InklingBooks
Platform: Mac

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:53 pm Post

Most heavily discounted software bundles include apps I've never heard of. That's why the developers agree to be part of the bundle.

This "Productive Macs" bundle isn't like that. It has several well-known apps that the productivity gurus praise, including BusyCal, Default Folder, Circus Ponies Notebook, and LaunchBar. If you're into apps that help your organize your life or that shave seconds off common tasks, you might find it appealing:

http://www.productivemacs.com/

Since BusyCal and Circus Ponies NoteBook are each $50, if you've been planning to buy one or two in the collection anyway, buying the entire bundle makes sense. You can also give them as a Christmas present.

Here's their description of themselves:

Crazy about productivity?
Excited by great applications that save your time and effort?

So are we. That's why we decided to create a great one-of-a-kind bargain: a bundle of 8 great productivity applications just for $39.99! That's even less than regular price of some of the participating applications, so now you can get all 8 for the price of one or even for free.

Most Mac bundles lack focus - they collect unrelated applications, and you usually need only a couple of them. Productive Macs is focused on productivity: we have hand-picked 8 premium applications and bundled them together.

The applications in Productive Macs bundle will greatly enhance your productivity in such areas as calendaring, file management, data management and outlining, quick access to your files and data and more.

Productive Macs is organized by Apparent Software, but the applications in it come from many companies. You can contact us by filling out a contact form, or use other means of communication listed below.

Our privacy policy is simple: Your email address is safe with us. Only Productive Macs team and the developers of the applications will have access to it, and we all promise not to abuse your trust and your mailbox.

In
InklingBooks

Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 pm Post

MacWorld has a review of the apps in this bundle at:

http://www.macworld.com/article/164098/ ... redux.html

Floss
Platform: Windows

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:52 pm Post

is this a genuine discussion of software or just a spam advert
:€

Hu
Hugh

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:03 pm Post

Floss wrote:is this a genuine discussion of software or just a spam advert

The former.
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

Floss

Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:51 pm Post

Hi there Mr Hugh. I should have pointed out that my question was rhetorical. Of course it's a shameless advert. It contains no details whatsoever. No discussion of the products or their merits. Nothing. Just some cheesy sales speak the kind my human falls for all the time when he sees adverts on the telly late at night for ,turnip waddlers, or some other spendmoretosavemore notavailableinanyshop type deal.

Most heavily discounted kitchen gadget bundles include gadgets I've never heard of. That's why the developers agree to be part of the bundle.

This "Productive Kitchen" bundle isn't like that. It has several well-known gadgets that the productivity gurus praise, including Carrot Slicer, Apple Corer, Jar Opener, and Knife Sharpener. If you're into gadgets that help your organize your life or that shave seconds off common tasks, you might find it appealing:

http://www.ShamefulTVAdvertisedKitchenProducts.com/

Since Knife Sharpener and Jar Opener are each $50, if you've been planning to buy one or two in the collection anyway, buying the entire bundle makes sense. You can also give them as a Christmas present.

Here's their description of themselves:

Crazy about productivity?
Excited by great gadgets that save your time and effort?

So are we. That's why we decided to create a great one-of-a-kind bargain: a bundle of 8 great productivity gadgets just for $39.99! That's even less than regular price of some of the participating gadgets, so now you can get all 8 for the price of one or even for free.

Most Kitchen bundles lack focus - they collect unrelated applications, and you usually need only a couple of them. Productive Kitchen is focused on productivity: we have hand-picked 8 premium gadgets and bundled them together.

The gadgets in Productive Kitchen bundle will greatly enhance your productivity in such areas as slicing, coring, opening and sharpening, and more.

Productive Kitchen is organized by Shameful TV Advertised Kitchen Products Ltd, but the gadgets in it come from many companies. You can contact us by filling out a contact form, or use other means of communication listed below.

Our privacy policy is simple: Your email address is safe with us. Only Productive Kitchen team and the developers of the gadgets will have access to it, and we all promise not to abuse your trust and your mailbox.

Hu
Hugh

Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:58 pm Post

Chill, furry friend. Consider my reply as rhetorical as well.

Inkling brings notices of stuff to the forum that I've found useful in the past, and whilst the one above might look more nakedly spam-ish than some, I personally am convinced from his or her previous contributions that the intent is purely to spread the word amongst folk who might find the featured products or services useful.

Ve
Vermonter17032

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm Post

Hugh wrote:Chill, furry friend. Consider my reply as rhetorical as well.

Inkling brings notices of stuff to the forum that I've found useful in the past, and whilst the one above might look more nakedly spam-ish than some, I personally am convinced from his or her previous contributions that the intent is purely to spread the word amongst folk who might find the featured products or services useful.

Ditto!

Floss

Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:58 pm Post

the human gets dozens of leaflets through the door ever day for pizza delivery, curry houses and all manner of other fast food pedlars. Just because he picked up the phone and actually bought a pizza once, doesn't stop it being junkmail.

my point here is simply,,, don,t just post a meaningless advert. have a conversation. if don't have an opinion on the software worth articulating, if you aren't soliciting others opinions on software to determine whether it,s right for you, then don,t post it.

unrelated point, pc world have a sale on
www.pcworld.co.uk

Hu
Hugh

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:36 pm Post

We'd all like to be as perfect as cats are... but sadly we're not.
P.S. Thanks for the PC World tip.

ex
exegete77

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 pm Post

Floss wrote:the human gets dozens of leaflets through the door ever day for pizza delivery, curry houses and all manner of other fast food pedlars. Just because he picked up the phone and actually bought a pizza once, doesn't stop it being junkmail.

my point here is simply,,, don,t just post a meaningless advert. have a conversation. if don't have an opinion on the software worth articulating, if you aren't soliciting others opinions on software to determine whether it,s right for you, then don,t post it.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk

"is this a genuine discussion of software or just a spam advert"

Just checking... :mrgreen: :D

In
InklingBooks

Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:35 am Post

For what it's worth, I get nothing from those who created this package. I don't even know them or the developers. And I'm hardly the only one to note that this particular bundle is an especially good deal. Macworld had an article that said much the same.

This aren't minor apps. They're some of the most popular productivity tools around with normal prices that I consider a bit stiff. And they're apps that don't need a special like this to get attention.

--Michael W. Perry, Seattle

Jot
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:48 am Post

Floss wrote:Hi there Mr Hugh. I should have pointed out that my question was rhetorical. Of course it's a shameless advert. It contains no details whatsoever. No discussion of the products or their merits. Nothing. Just some cheesy sales speak the kind my human falls for all the time when he sees adverts on the telly late at night for ,turnip waddlers, or some other spendmoretosavemore notavailableinanyshop type deal

Greeting Floss. I disagree about the post containing "no details whatsoever". If you've hung around here for any length of time and have a Mac, then you'd know that just the phrase "Circus Ponies Notebook" is a whole conversation on its own. I'd never heard of it before I worshipped at the Shrine of iThings, but I've heard the faithful bang on (and on) about it enough to know that it's probably worth buying that package just for that one app. So one person's "turnip waddling" is another person's OMGCircusPoniesNotebookOnSaleSqueeee.

This may be a case of cross platform misunderstanding or just a need to lurkmoar.
J

Ve
Vermonter17032

Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:55 pm Post

Floss wrote:the human gets dozens of leaflets through the door ever day for pizza delivery, curry houses and all manner of other fast food pedlars. Just because he picked up the phone and actually bought a pizza once, doesn't stop it being junkmail.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk

Many of us are grateful to be notified about software sales. I don't think it has to be a discussion starter -- although often it is.