FormalAddress

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:38 am Post

dafu wrote:I'm guessing it's those PayPal scoundrels. Sorry for the irritations, Droo. I'd suggest trying to buy it again. If you'd like to try buying 2 or 300 at once I'd be much obliged. Dave

I checked PayPal, and they had no record of a sale, either. So I went through the process again and this time succeeded.

Now I have a great app but no addresses to convert. I feel like a man with ninja stars and no one to attack. Where is that Vic-K when I need him? :twisted:

da
dafu
Platform: Mac

Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:13 am Post

druid wrote:Now I have a great app but no addresses to convert. I feel like a man with ninja stars and no one to attack. Where is that Vic-K when I need him? :twisted:

Careful, Droo! Apparently, you don't know that Vic is a member of the dreaded Jameson school of ninjutsu. In the higher proofs they're very good with all manner of glass weaponry (when they're wearing glasses).

Thanks for the purchase! In another hour or so I'll have the last of the video tutorials up on the web site so while you're waiting for that deluge of addresses you can listen to my dulcet tones and be lightly edjimakated.

Dave

da
dafu

Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 am Post

For anyone who is interested, FormalAddress and FormalAddressPro are now on the Mac App Store. There's no difference between the App Store versions and those available from the FormalAddress site.

Dave

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:57 am Post

I had to deal recently with a large set of new addresses, thanks to Seasons Greetings mail. FA made it easy to collect the addresses, format them, and pass them to Address Book. It's an invaluable utility, with no learning curve and a bargain at $5.99; $15.99 for the Pro version. Plus the cheerful assistance of Mr. Dave! :D

da
dafu

Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:35 pm Post

There is a new release of FormalAddress. It now recognizes addresses from 19 countries and the Pro version includes an Export Profile editor.

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela

If you're hoping to pitch your wares to new publishers, the right address is a good start. :D

You can find it here.

Dave

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:43 am Post

dafu wrote:
druid wrote:Now I have a great app but no addresses to convert. I feel like a man with ninja stars and no one to attack. Where is that Vic-K when I need him? :twisted:

Careful, Droo! Apparently, you don't know that Vic is a member of the dreaded Jameson school of ninjutsu. In the higher proofs they're very good with all manner of glass weaponry (when they're wearing glasses).

Thanks for the purchase! In another hour or so I'll have the last of the video tutorials up on the web site so while you're waiting for that deluge of addresses you can listen to my dulcet tones and be lightly edjimakated.

Dave
I've decided to rise above this cyber bullying! Just remember you two s**t heads: "He who loofs lost longs laffs loofest!" so pffffrrrrttt!!!! t' y's both!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

da
dafu

Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:55 pm Post

"He who loofs lost longs laffs loofest!"

What on earth does that mean?

Dave

Jaysen

Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:17 pm Post

dafu wrote:
"He who loofs lost longs laffs loofest!"

What on earth does that mean?

Dave

Think under the table at the red lion before protesting...

He who laughs last ....
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:14 pm Post

dafu wrote:"He who loofs lost longs laffs loofest!" What on earth does that mean?
Jaysen wrote:He who laughs last ....
tch!tch!tch! Oh David David David :( tch!tch!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

da
dafu

Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:12 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Think under the table at the red lion before protesting...

Well, yes, I was thinking about under the table and in the spirit of ethno-linguistics I was hoping that the only participating member of this tribe available might offer some insight into this curious language. Since, we apparently do not have the formidable Druid to offer professional insight into this curious bit of vituperation, I guess we'll just have to wait for some, cough, enlightenment from the informant.

Dave

vic-k

Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:13 pm Post

dafu wrote:Well, yes, At morbi id at curabitur aperiam. Quis laoreet mi. Eget amet potenti. Porta nullam et justo placerat nullam vestibulum sem nibh lectus tempor est. Vulputate arcu erat ligula aut phasellus. Venenatis ut nunc. Gravida faucibus sed. Odio conubia ornare. Porttitor lectus elit. Condimentum potenti in. Est turpis pellentesque. t.
Dave
Well it aint feckin rokit sceyence y' no.
I'll rite it slow so as you can reed it."He.....who.....loofs.....lost.....longs.....laffs.....loofest!" OK!? tch!tch!tch! jeezz!! wot y' like :?

Li
LibertyTrooper

Sun May 06, 2012 9:42 pm Post

What about whopaste? Isn't it pretty competitive to Formaladdress?

da
dafu

Mon May 07, 2012 5:08 pm Post

LibertyTrooper wrote:What about whopaste? Isn't it pretty competitive to Formaladdress?

Well, I don't think so, but I wrote FormalAddress so I might be prejudiced. :)

Although both apps recognize addresses, FormalAddress does it for multiple addresses at once in 19 countries & 8 languages, and will save them to address book and database-friendly formats. If that interests you you might check out the website.

Dave

da
dafu

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:44 pm Post

I'm happy to announce that there is a new version of FormalAddress!

Version 3 is an almost complete rewrite and greatly extends the capabilities:

• Now recognizes addresses in 25 countries and 12 languages
    • New address recognition for Ireland, New Zealand, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, &     Finland
    • Completely redesigned interface
    • Redesign of recognition engine
    • Form and label detection
    • Table recognition in the Pro version
    • Direct Address Book (Contacts) integration
    • And vast quantities of other improvements

You can see more here:
http://www.formal-address.com

Please note, FormalAddress is also available on the Mac App Store but it is version 2. Three will be submitted for review soon after I recover from the initial release :D

So, if you need to assemble a marketing list quickly for that new book of yours, you might want to take a peek. . . .

Dave

da
dafu

Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:28 am Post

FormalAddress 3 & FormalAddressPro 3 are now available on the App Store.

Get 'em while they're hot . . .

:D

Dave