- Lie down in bed and refuse to do anything.
- Eat chocolate and ice-cream until you are ready to throw up. Take also some whiskey.
- Put the TV on and watch soap operas and reality shows, the whole day through.
- Refuse to shave, to do the dishes or vacuum clean. Let your apartment be as dirty as you can.
- Yell at your wife and your son. Tell them how bad they treat you.
- Think about all your faults and shortcomings. Remember vividly how you mistreated people.
- Do not put any clothes on, but go in underwear. Be inside the apartment all day and do not go outdoors.
- Refuse to exercise.
- Hiss at you cat when he wants your attention. Hit him with newspapers if they are nearby.
- Refuse to read any self development books. Why should you, they are all morons.
- Worry about all disasters and catastrophes that can, and probably will happen to you.
-Think about how meaningless everything is. Think about how you will soon die and that there is no point in going on.
-Think about all the silly and mean people, that this world is full of, and how they actively try to make your life miserable.
- Think about politicians and how the big nations mistreat the little nations and steal the little they have.
- Think about how mean and greedy people are, and how they will probably destroy the earth and everything living on it, except possibly rats and cockroaches.
Every little thing, that you do in opposition to your list will help you overcome depression. For instance refuse to yell at your son and wife, and refuse to watch TV. Clean the dishes, even if it's only one plate. As soon and you've done one single thing you'll get apetite for more
Now this will only help if your depression is due to depressing thoughts and not to a clinical condition. In that case you'll have to take medication, especially third-generation antidepressants. But keep it to the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (the other kinds are not well tried out). These have very little side effects and are not toxic.
But how do you know if you have a clinical condition? A good sign is that you have turned into a hypochondriac without a previous history of being one. Also your sexual appetite is less then it used to be. These are common signs, but of course a clinically depressed person will seldom admit these signs, but will persist that he has a one, or more often several physical illnesses. Especially if he is suspicious of physicians in common, he will not believe when they say that his bodily symptoms come from the depression, and that he needs to take antidepressants.