Octagonal paper, deceased wood, and general blather about TV

Eiron

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:22 am Post

BTW Keith, I warned you a while back not to expect too much of season 3 of BG. Well it turns out I spoke to soon. Just watched season 3 episode 16 and found it to be just great. Unusual, with a few new twists, but really smart and entertaining. All about labour unrest and hardball politics. One of the best episodes so far in my opinion.

E

alexwein
Platform: Mac

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:43 am Post

Just watched an absolutely hysterical episode of Deadwood. There is a scene between the handicapped cleaning woman and Swearengen scrubbing a blood stain out of the floor. We were roaring. The characters are definitely getting more fully fleshed, and more funny! And the storyline between Tolliver and Joanie Stubbs. So many interesting dynamics!
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

KB
Site Admin

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:23 pm Post

Good to hear BSG is getting better. And Deadwood - well, we are pacing ourselves, what with knowing that there are a finite amount of episodes. The beginning of the third series is great, though - and I love the way that the consequences last episodes in (just as Trixie remained half-beat for the first half of the first series). It truly is great TV...
Best,
Keith

alexwein

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:42 pm Post

KB wrote:Good to hear BSG is getting better. And Deadwood - well, we are pacing ourselves, what with knowing that there are a finite amount of episodes. The beginning of the third series is great, though - and I love the way that the consequences last episodes in (just as Trixie remained half-beat for the first half of the first series). It truly is great TV...
Best,
Keith

We too, on the pacing. You are way ahead of us, though. We are still in the first season, though nearing the end. We have very limited TV watching time. But wow, what a series this is.
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com