any more young'ins?

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:41 pm Post

Afri wrote:
"I walked right into that."
Given the sharks, barracudas, and pirañas, that crew the Good ship Scriv, you`ll very soon come to appreciate, that,'Walking into that!', is a recurring hazard. You`ll get used to it.

Are you aware that Mollys Mum is an accomplished horsewoman? If you look two threads below,in, 'She Rides!!!' you will see a familiar face, on horseback.
Take care
Fluff
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

africanstardust

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:05 pm Post

Ah, thanks for the heads up...I think I would have missed that :wink:
The coroner will find ink in my veins and blood on my typewriter keys.
-C Astrid Webber

vic-k

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:10 pm Post

TALLY HO!!
Fluff
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Wock

Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:17 pm Post

(1) Just look for "tweakers" for signs of copious coffee drinking. You can tell by all the twitching and fast talking that they are on their 5th pot of java for the morning.

(2) Look for signs of youth like thinking an "8 Track" is a NASCAR race, blank stares when asked why "High Speed Dubbing" and "Dual Tape Decks" were the greatest thing invented, Not understanding why "Hello World" was so amazing, never thinking that 4MB of RAM and a 20 MB hard drive was plenty, Not remembering why a two button tv remote was nicknamed a "clicker", not understanding the difference between UHF and VHF when it came to buying a tv, not knowing why aluminum foil and clothes hangers go hand in hand with "rabbit ears". Or blank stares when one is driving and lost they would first look in the glove box to find their way.Not remembering when MTV only played music videos, the threat of Pop-Rocks and Soda, not learning the value of using a table edge or disposable cigarette lighter as a bottle opener, or the meaning behind the phrase "Paper or Plastic".

(3) Age is nothing more than a tool to measure one's ability to avoid cardiac arrest. Its like keeping score.

(4) Its never to late to have a happy childhood.

(5) What if you forgot how old you are?

(6) What if you forgot the original question?

(7) You would be able to answer this riddle

Three people check into a hotel. They pay $30 to the manager and go to their room. The manager finds out that the room rate is $25 and gives $5 to the bellboy to return. On the way to the room, the bellboy reasons that $5 would be difficult to share among three people, so he pockets $2 and gives $1 to each person. Now, each person paid $10 and got back $1. So they paid $9 each, totalling $27. The bellboy has $2, totalling $29. Where is the remaining dollar?

And the final test...

What is this famous pharse?

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, B, A, Start

:twisted:
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:06 am Post

Wock:
1. Unless they're addicted. In which case they'll only twitch if they haven't reached their 5th pot. Not that I'd know...

2. Darn. I knew them all. :oops:

3. Good. So far, I'm ahead.

4. Better. I must remember to tell my clients that.

5. I'd miss my birthday.

6. What original question? Oh...

7. Seems like the manager is pulling the leg of his young bell-boy by confusing the poor lad. He's already got $25 (+3 refund +2 bellboy).

8. Ahhh - fell at the last hurdle. What the... ? :?: :cry: :roll:
Complete and utter NOMsense.

zikade
Platform: Mac

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:33 am Post

africanstardust wrote: I plan on not becoming a grown-up myself. Of course, adulthood is quite inevitable, but if I can avoid being a grown-up I will be happy.

Both are, of course, inventions of the unimaginative majority in every society in order to discipline their people to go out and do something incredibly boring. Just don't let 'em put you into one category to rot for eternity. Remember Kant & Heisenberg and you will do just well...
There are three kinds of people: those who can count and those who can't...

vic-k

Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:23 am Post

zikade wrote:Remember Kant & Heisenberg and you will do just well...
Ahh those were the days...eh? Remember their concert in Central Park? 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'...'Mrs Robinson'..."The Boxer'...'Cecilia' ooo I`ve gone all nostalgic. :oops:
Vic

Th
Thequietone

Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:46 pm Post

Kant ?
Kant ?

Thesis, antithesis and synthesis. If ever a Germanic philosopher needed taking out to a pub car park and getting a good kicking it was him.

As for Heisenberg I am unsure about him.

Paul

vic-k

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:37 pm Post

Sewerborg wrote:As for Heisenberg I am unsure about him.
Kant wrote the lyrics, and Heisenberg wrote the tunes. Simple enough! Aint feckin quantum mechanics. jeeez! Anyway what`s flushed you out of the sewer? Heavy downpour up in the hills?

Th
Thequietone

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm Post

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisenberg ... _principle

But I'm not so sure.

Onboard: Ran out of glue and am now consuming Brasso. Teeth look good breath smells bad. I think I will go play on the buses now, generate a few urban stories.

Paul

vic-k

Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:55 pm Post

Sewerborge wrote:But I'm not so sure.
the eleventynineth law of thermodynamics states: if in doubt ask. :wink:

Th
Thequietone

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:01 pm Post

If Heisenberg was uncertain why ask him ? Doubt is corrosive.
Billy Graham on the other hand has certainty.

I shall play on the buses asking people about Heisenberg and Billy Graham and then ask for the CCTV tapes do that I may make notes for my anti-thesis.

Paul

vic-k

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm Post

Thequietone wrote:If Heisenberg was uncertain why ask him ?
No! No! No! As ask a numpty like him, you may as well ask numpties like Wock `n`Jaysen.

Just a quick nip offtopic. One should always strain one`s Brasso, through a sweaty nylon sock.

Th
Thequietone

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:13 pm Post

One should always strain one`s Brasso, through a sweaty nylon sock.

I am from the old skool and would not dream of losing any of the magical cleaner. I suppose you don't drink the yeasty lees from home brewed beer. Tsk tsk. Thats got the living organism that goes straight to the evil centre of the brain.

Thats what happened to Heisenberg. In search of certainty he drank too much Weisse beer and couldn't maintain his position in the team. Ended up playing non league.

Paul

vic-k

Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:51 pm Post

Thequietone wrote:he drank too much Weisse beer and couldn't maintain his position in the team. Ended up playing non league.
Either that or else he just got Bohred with it all. Y` can`t really be certain, can y`?
Thequietone wrote:I shall play on the buses asking people about
You are aware are you not, that Maggie Thatcher said, "People who use public transport are born losers"