any more young'ins?

africanstardust

Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:45 am Post

Just wondering. I find myself on the boards daily now that my homework load has grown. Sweet procrastination (from school work), what would I do without thee?
The coroner will find ink in my veins and blood on my typewriter keys.
-C Astrid Webber

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:59 pm Post

africanstardust wrote:Sweet procrastination (from school work), what would I do without thee?
Young lady,
Even on Scrivener`s lower deck, i.e. , A.N.F.T.L ( only the bilge and bilge rats (Portlanders) beneath us) although standard wallow in the sewer, I have to point out that, there are indiscretions even the flotsam `n` jetsam of the bottom deck frown upon. Procrastination and offtopicking will earn you severe sanctions by the forum moderators.
Fluff
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

africanstardust

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:11 pm Post

Well, then let me rephrase.

Are there any more people using Scrivener who write often and are around the ages of young-post grad browsing the boards? And who drink coffee copiously?
-C Astrid Webber

Jaysen

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:20 pm Post

Thank you for making me feel old.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Th
Thequietone

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:37 am Post

"Are there any more people using Scrivener who write often and are around the ages of young-post grad browsing the boards? And who drink coffee copiously?"

No.
The best of us sniff glue and the worst of us sniff the sniffers.

Paul

africanstardust

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:03 am Post

Drinking coffee prevents aging. That was a lie, but science will probably show it prevents cancer or something in five years, like how they constantly go between "Red meat is good for you." and "Red meat kills."

Well...then I'm glad I don't sniff glue.
-C Astrid Webber

vic-k

Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:59 pm Post

Afri,
My apologies for misleading you as to the presence of life forms at sub ANFTL level, i.e. ,the bilge and bilge rattus rattus. You`ve just encounter an even lower life form: the sewerborg, Paul, thequietone. Again, my apologies Afri.
Take care
Fluff
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

africanstardust

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:12 pm Post

That's quite all right, Fluff. As long as someone isn't sniffing me, particularly in search of glue-scent, my day is good.
-C Astrid Webber

Mollys Mum

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:11 pm Post

Well, I commend you, stardust, on your openmindedness and willingness to hang around with the geriatric set. I tried to give Scriv to my son and daughter and they both rebuffed me. The ignorance of youth. :roll:

Scriv was a godsend for the first draft of my novel, but NOTHING compared to its indescribably lifesaving indispensability for my second, third, fourth, ad infinitum revisions. I now have a shrine to Keith in my office, in front of which I bow on a daily--nay, hourly!--basis. The quicker the mind and memory disintegrate, the more essential Scriv becomes to basic functioning.

We are all young at heart and in mind here. Just not in the flesh anymore. (Some of us closer in temperament to childhood than others.) :oops:

Ke
Kendric

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:36 pm Post

vic-k

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:08 pm Post

Kendric wrote:Israeli study shows coffee prevents bad breath
Nahh! Y`ve got that wrong. It`s the Holy Distillation, Jameson that does that :wink:
Vic

Ke
Kendric

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:23 am Post

Ok, I'd buy that. :D

africanstardust

Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:19 am Post

@Mollys Mum young at heart is what counts, I think. I plan on not becoming a grown-up myself. Of course, adulthood is quite inevitable, but if I can avoid being a grown-up I will be happy. And I agree that Scrivener is a life saver; I've been very sparingly using my trial version since the end of November and finally bought the full yesterday.

@Kendric I will be printing those out and pasting them on my refrigerator.

@vic-k that does also help for nausea, headaches, and general malaise. (We never go to deepest Africa without a bottle)

Ah...I am procrastinating again. I should return to the world of cellular biology.
-C Astrid Webber

vic-k

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:06 am Post

africanstardust wrote: I should return to the world of cellular biology.
Hey! :D D`y` mean under the table in the Red? That`s where I live! Wave so I can see y!
Vic

africanstardust

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:15 pm Post

I walked right into that one. *waves*
-C Astrid Webber