What Does Your Workspace Look Like?

Aphar

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:33 am Post

Just curious. Is your workspace conducive to writing. Is it full of interesting things that cause you to think?

Mine is very uninspiring. :|

http://picasaweb.google.ca/k.r.busby/My ... directlink

The grey box under the desk is an uninterruptible power supply. It gives me ten hours of 110v.
The little box with the buttons is a keybox. The kind you see outside buildings. I keep my thumbdrives in it and I think they would survive a fairly intense fire.

Post pics of yours.
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader."

-- Robert Frost

ro
rochefore

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:09 am Post

My study. I love it. I feel it says everything about me, also unflattering things.
r
Attachments
IMGP3570.PEF.jpg
IMGP3570.PEF.jpg (65.27 KiB) Viewed 3096 times

ptram
Platform: Mac

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:11 am Post

(Whisper) Rochefore, what a beautiful piano!

My studio is an open space, with windows looking at the hills and the mountains on one side, an almond tree on the other side. Despite the beautiful setting, I cannot manage to fight the disorder inside the room, and this contributes to my sense of instability and uncertainess.

Aphar, your place is very ordered. It gives a sense of everything unnecessary sent out of the door, away, out of the way.

Paolo

Aphar

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:13 pm Post

That's a great space. It looks like you have a great view outside your window.

Thanks for the looksie.

rochefore wrote:My study. I love it. I feel it says everything about me, also unflattering things.
r
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader."

-- Robert Frost

Aphar

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:18 pm Post

Thanks Paolo, but it only looks organized because I'm lazy and haven't been writing. If I was active it would look messy, like Rochefore's. He's obviously been working up a storm. :-)

ptram wrote:Aphar, your place is very ordered. It gives a sense of everything unnecessary sent out of the door, away, out of the way.

Paolo

-- Robert Frost

Aphar

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:24 pm Post

Hey ptram, where is your bio pic from and where can I see a larger example of it? It looks really cool! :D

-- Robert Frost

si
signinstranger

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:32 pm Post

Aphar wrote: If I was active it would look messy, like Rochefore's. He's obviously been working up a storm.

And he has blocked the door with his writing desk, which is a proven cure against procrastination.

ptram

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 pm Post

Aphar wrote:Hey ptram, where is your bio pic from and where can I see a larger example of it?

It is a photo that was shot to me by one of my friends, while at a master class in composition at the castle of Sermoneta. For a couple weeks, that was my personal workspace...

http://www.studio-magazine.com/pics/por ... a-2008.jpg

Paolo

kl
klcorridon

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:01 pm Post

How does one place pictures in posts? As attachments? The room is 5'x7', with bookshelves on all four walls. The cat's name is Stella Luna. Scrivener is open on the mac. I took the photos this morning.
office left 2.JPG
office left 2.JPG (57.53 KiB) Viewed 2997 times
office right 2.JPG
office right 2.JPG (63.3 KiB) Viewed 2997 times
I may be an Idiot, but I'm no Fool...
For Maura, 4/7/59-11/21/09... My Muse, my Heroine, my Editor, my Patron. All that I have achieved as a writer is because of her.

Aphar

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:37 pm Post

Very cool. I thought it was a prison. (Which would also be cool)

ptram wrote:
Aphar wrote:Hey ptram, where is your bio pic from and where can I see a larger example of it?

It is a photo that was shot to me by one of my friends, while at a master class in composition at the castle of Sermoneta. For a couple weeks, that was my personal workspace...

http://www.studio-magazine.com/pics/por ... a-2008.jpg

Paolo

-- Robert Frost

Aphar

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 pm Post

What a cozy, productive looking room. The cat's a nice touch. I think I'd have to diet a while before I could fit in it though... tiny!

klcorridon wrote:How does one place pictures in posts? As attachments? The room is 5'x7', with bookshelves on all four walls. The cat's name is Stella Luna. Scrivener is open on the mac. I took the photos this morning.
office left 2.JPG
office right 2.JPG

-- Robert Frost

ptram

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 pm Post

Aphar wrote:Very cool. I thought it was a prison. (Which would also be cool)]

But it was a prison! We were secluded, and the gate shut at elevel p.m. Now, try to evade from a middle-age fortress...

Paolo

Ed
Ed Hart

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:31 am Post

Photo 74.jpg
Where I Write
Photo 74.jpg (77.73 KiB) Viewed 2977 times

pink

Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:16 pm Post

Mine's under the bed and totally inappropriate for human viewing.
Now writing: random bloggy stuff

Aphar

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 pm Post

Wow. I have no idea what to make of that. :?

pink wrote:Mine's under the bed and totally inappropriate for human viewing.

-- Robert Frost