I must have completely misunderstood

Aisling13

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:08 am Post

Once upon a time, a woman is writing a mysterious novel about the dangerous poetry of misunderstandings.

Falling into the pages of her own mystery, she finds that the juxtaposition of words can blend together,perilously, and that periods don't always stop anything, although she realizes they are meant to.

All the best,
Slaite,

Aisling
Last edited by Aisling13 on Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

je
jebni

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 am Post

I suspect there's a disconnect happening here. As far as I can tell, Jaysen is being a little silly and actually rather nice for your benefit, by suggesting that he and vic-k fill up the Tips thread on the forum with nonsense in order to encourage David to set up an official Scrivener Tips page on the Literature and Latte site.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:15 am Post

Yes, they are being friendly. They call themselves the +3, have a fetish for pirates, gangplanks, fluffy cats and one-legged dogs and are generally a little odd but mostly harmless (like Earth, recently upgraded from "harmless"). :)

I think they'd both be mortified if they thought they had offended you, don't worry.

All the best,
Keith

P.S. I'm moving this to the general discussion area of the forum as it's not directly related to Scrivener.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:07 pm Post

Aisling,

I appologize for any offense I or Vic may have commtted. As KB and jebni have suggested Vic and I were trying to help get an official tips page created.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Wock

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:06 pm Post

KB wrote:Yes, they are being friendly. They call themselves the +3, have a fetish for pirates, gangplanks, fluffy cats and one-legged dogs and are generally a little odd but mostly harmless (like Earth, recently upgraded from "harmless"). :)

I think they'd both be mortified if they thought they had offended you, don't worry.

All the best,
Keith

P.S. I'm moving this to the general discussion area of the forum as it's not directly related to Scrivener.

GASP

Harmless? Have you ever had a 3 legged dog (Vic-k) that is dressed as a poor copy of Captain Jack Sparrow and who has been hitting the Absinthe try to make you walk the plank? (shiver) just the sound of that little wooden leg scraping on the gangplank will make your tummy gurgle. Add a headless pirate (Jaysen) who manages to talk with no head (Did I mention he was headless?) and always manages to get the little scrappy wooden leg dog a barking?

Harmless?

Bah.

Aisling steer clear of those two or they will suck you into their tales of pillaging and rampant verbal behavior. This will lead to PROCRASTINATION something they are always partaking in and it will suck you in so deep you will find yourself partaking in 3 word forum stories and tales of pranks and mockery! The gall! (gasp)

On a serious note, those guys are just a "funnin" and if they single you out for their pranks and mischief it means they have takin' a shine to you (that is a compliment).

That or you have access to free beer and a nice bread maker....

+3
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

Aisling13

Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:55 am Post

Hi all,

Thank you for your translations.

Auspicious translations are fecund.

Slainte,

Namaste,

Aisling aka Laurel

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:48 am Post

To the Masters of Drivel...I mean Revels.

Sometimes you lot get a mite too boisterous.
Please take these tall caps ▲ ▲ ▲
And go sit in a corner for a while.

Hmmm.....enjoying a little schadenfreude here.

Droo

Wock

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:12 am Post

A pirate dog with a wooden leg, a pigeon drunk on shine, and a headless Pirate that speaks Unix walk into a bar ....

Jaysen

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:26 am Post

The pigeon sits on the dog and ...
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Wock

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:33 pm Post

Starts barking into the absinthe...

Jaysen

Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 pm Post

while the dog coos at a b=passing barmaid. The headless pirate …
Jaysen

ImageImage

Wock

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:13 pm Post

asks the bar maid if she is r-rw-x or do her permissions need to be "adjusted". At the same time the dog..

Wock

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:24 pm Post

(Set the mood)

Jaysen

Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:55 pm Post

let's out a ferocious "MEOW". This sets the pigeon to …
Jaysen

ImageImage

Wock

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:00 pm Post

expelling large quantites of putrid green gas clouds and a free subscription to the new Tiger Woods "Cheetah Calendar". In other News Jaysen is still trying to determine if the bar maid has "write access" while...