Do people really fall ...

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:03 pm Post

your lights were never "on".
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:17 pm Post

Did someone say something witty or was it Jaysen? :?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:24 am Post

Apropos of atrocious typos, a true story.
Years ago, I moved into an office previously occupied by a distinguished scholar.
He was from New England, with a reputation for irascible humor.
Cleaning out his desk, I found a stack of old exams he had graded years earlier.
In one, a student had written:
"And so Sancho Panza departs, riding on his burrow....."
In the margin, my colleague had written these immortal words:
"You are obviously one of those who doesn't know
his ass from a hole in the ground."
True story, I swear it.

Jaysen

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:58 am Post

If only that did not hit so close to home!
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Jacqi Corgan

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:12 pm Post

It is really funny, though! :mrgreen:
A scrivener using Scrivener. (Credit to xiamenese! :) )

Wock

Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:18 pm Post

Of course. Just look at this successful letter I received. I can wait to cash in on this legitimate deal. I especially appreciate the quality they put into drafting this letter. You would think with all that money they could buy a better education....
Dear Respectful,

Good day, I know that this email will come to you as a surprise because you don,t know me and i don,t know you too. My name is HELEN DRAKOV,i am 23 years old and an ophan.My late father died in auto crash in Decembar 2005.
My late father was kill in a suspected road accident but the police reported that my late father was drunk and full of alcohol before his death.However,my late father was a successful business man who lived IN HONGKONG AND SHENZEN CHINA before coming back to my country, Latvia.Before the death of my father,he told me that he deposited the sum of US$5.000,000:00{five Million,united states dollars only) with a bank in china in the year 1999.
I have contacted the Bank and they told me that i am free to come and claim the money as the only daugther of my late father as i have the secret number my father gave me . Now,i am presently living with my unlce who is taking care of my school and my uncle is very wicked to me.
He has seized all my late father,s properties and sold them away without showing any consign to me.Now,i don,t want him to know about the US$5.000,000:00 with the Bank that is why i am contacting you to give me and urgently assist so that i can instruct the bank Bank to transfer the money to your account to enable me come to meet you in your country.
My main reason of contacting you is because i don,t want my uncle to know about the money because he may claim it and seize the money and i will not get anything. I am assuring you that this money belong to my late father and it is safe,risk free and legal. the deposit is withthe bank Let me know if your ready to help me on this so that i can give you the detail information of the bank,and we reach and agreement on what will be your share.
I am waiting for your reply, reply me direct to my email helendrakov@aim.com

Heln Drakov
House 71, apartment 56
lenin Street Almetyevsk
Zip code: 423450
Latvia
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

Th
Thequietone

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:22 pm Post

The reverend scammer gets tattooed.

http://www.419eater.com/html/okorie.htm

It has pictures too if you cannot concentrate for more than 20 seconds.

Paul

Eldritch
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:59 pm Post

I'd read about that little escapade in Hippo Eats Dwarf by Alex Boese. Reading the whole thing certainly made me chuckle. :mrgreen: Cheers.
When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand.
--Raymond Chandler