by Ian Anderson:

"...And the Mouse Police Never Sleeps"

Muscled, black with steel-green eye
swishing through the rye grass
with thoughts of mouse-and-apple pie.
Tail balancing at half-mast.
...And the mouse police never sleeps ---
lying in the cherry tree.
Savage bed foot-warmer of purest feline ancestry.
Look out, little furry folk!
He's the all-night working cat.
Eats but one in every ten ---
leaves the others on the mat.
...And the mouse police never sleeps ---
waiting by the cellar door.
Window-box town crier;
birth and death registrar.
With claws that rake a furrow red ---
licensed to multilate.
From warm milk on a lazy day
to dawn patrol on hungry hate.
...No, the mouse police never sleeps ---
climbing on the ivy.
Windy roof-top weathercock.
Warm-blooded night on a cold tile.

Appealing cat pics accompanying the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kQCDCsmWZc
I'm a Scrivener user, not an L&L employee.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:49 pm Post

Something, something, dragon, something crumpet, something, something. Ordinary blah, something, something, dragon.

(Apologies – work is really busy. Best I could do in the alloted time.)
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:50 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Something, something, dragon, something crumpet, something, something. Ordinary blah, something, something, dragon.

(Apologies – work is really busy. Best I could do in the alloted time.)

something bacon something pork something rum.

ditto
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Sp
Spirantz

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:59 pm Post

(Deleted account by user's request.)

devinganger

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:51 pm Post

7Z7 wrote:The lack of communication.

All you have to do is go to the Windows Beta forum and you will get a lovely list updated of every bug that is being fixed in every new RC release. L&L has now said multiple times they will no longer be providing ETAs, as too many people were taking estimates as promises and (my words) throwing tantrums when those estimates were not correct.

7Z7 wrote:Perfection becomes persistence.

They have a target to hit that they have previously communicated. As the list of bugs addressed grows, they are getting closer to that target. Yes, there are always going to be some bugs, but if there are major bugs in functionality that will affect the majority of your users, it would be irresponsible to let those go. Again, follow the beta forum, and you will see that there are already several identified bugs they have said will not be addressed until after the initial 3.0 release. They have a triage process, they have simple not explained to us the exact criteria by which they are triaging these bugs.

No matter what decision they make, the armchair developers have proven they're gonna armchair develop, so they have now ordered the process for their convenience. Either be patient, participate in the beta, and wait for the day, or go write on your projects. Writing screeds here isn't going to move L&L.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Life has a way of moving you past wants and hopes

ca
canlin05
Platform: Windows

Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:15 pm Post

devinganger wrote:
7Z7 wrote:The lack of communication.

All you have to do is go to the Windows Beta forum and you will get a lovely list updated of every bug that is being fixed in every new RC release. L&L has now said multiple times they will no longer be providing ETAs, as too many people were taking estimates as promises and (my words) throwing tantrums when those estimates were not correct.

7Z7 wrote:Perfection becomes persistence.

They have a target to hit that they have previously communicated. As the list of bugs addressed grows, they are getting closer to that target. Yes, there are always going to be some bugs, but if there are major bugs in functionality that will affect the majority of your users, it would be irresponsible to let those go. Again, follow the beta forum, and you will see that there are already several identified bugs they have said will not be addressed until after the initial 3.0 release. They have a triage process, they have simple not explained to us the exact criteria by which they are triaging these bugs.

No matter what decision they make, the armchair developers have proven they're gonna armchair develop, so they have now ordered the process for their convenience. Either be patient, participate in the beta, and wait for the day, or go write on your projects. Writing screeds here isn't going to move L&L.

"Throwing Tantrums" You guys have now entered asshole territory.

devinganger

Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:42 am Post

canlin05 wrote:
devinganger wrote:as too many people were taking estimates as promises and (my words) throwing tantrums when those estimates were not correct

"Throwing Tantrums" You guys have now entered asshole territory.

1) Bold of you to assume that I have just entered it.

2) That particular phrasing was not aimed at anyone in the current thread or discussion. There have been in the past, if you care to go looking for them, some forum participants who displayed Thanos levels of entitlement.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG

Jaysen

Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:44 pm Post

devinganger wrote:1) Bold of you to assume that I have just entered it.

HAHAHAHA

I like when folks act like you and I are offended when they point out our well cultured affection. For me it is more "thank you for noticing how well my performance achieved the desired effect!" It does help that for a few of us (I hope you are ok with me including you in my group) are, by nature, donkey voids*.

* my wife has chastised me for excessive use of vulgarity. Luckily for us, creativity can be used to hide vulgarity in plain sight.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Pr
Prometheus
Platform: Windows

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:33 am Post

It will never cease to amaze me that the regular denizens of this forum are always ready and willing to tell people to just STFU when people who are frustrated with the massive delays in this product come here to give their FEEDBACK in a forum whose name incorporates the word FEEDBACK. The fact that L&L allow this to go on only serves to drive people away. After all, if this is the response they get for posting (in this case) some mild criticism that they believe is valid, they can easily imagine what might happen should they have a opinion or issue with something. And save the "blah blah, people need to be patient, there's real help in the forums" nonsense. You really think those people are going to venture into other areas after encountering this sort of crap? It's been a constant here from certain people since the time before I even created an account and was only lurking.

Great strategy you have, L&L: allow diehards to push away people who would otherwise be interested, ignoring your own policies in the process.

Unbelievable.

devinganger

Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:54 am Post

Jaysen wrote:It does help that for a few of us (I hope you are ok with me including you in my group) are, by nature, donkey voids*.

I'm honored to be in any group you are in, sir. Well...most any group.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:19 am Post

Prometheus wrote:It will never cease to amaze me that the regular denizens of this forum are always ready and willing to tell people to just STFU when people who are frustrated with the massive delays in this product come here to give their FEEDBACK.
What are you referring to? The post by CANLIN05, which I think was the one Devinganger responded to.
canlin05 wrote:"Throwing Tantrums" You guys have now entered asshole territory.
That is his first and so far only post in the forum. Do you seriously suggest that it qualifies as feedback about Scrivener?

PS. Venting frustration about L&L or forum members can hardly be seen as constructive feedback about Scrivener, can it?
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

kewms
Platform: Mac

Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:14 am Post

The forums contain hundreds and hundreds of threads, the vast majority of which are helpful or at least benign.

A person who bases their entire opinion of the forums on, say, this thread has probably succeeded in confirming their pre-existing biases.

Katherine
Scrivener Support Team

Jaysen

Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:12 am Post

devinganger wrote:
Jaysen wrote:It does help that for a few of us (I hope you are ok with me including you in my group) are, by nature, donkey voids*.

Awwww... now I'm blushing! :oops:
Jaysen

ImageImage

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:25 pm Post

devinganger wrote:

I’m more like Groucho Marx:

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
Groucho Marx
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS