Page 1 of 2

Hello

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:31 pm
by PaigeElizabethTurner
Is this where we say 'hello'?

I'm Paige from West Midlands and am on the trial run of Scrivener (Windows). I really don't know what I'm doing on here because I should be trying to sort out all the fields and drop-down menus on the program!

I'm not totally thick (or blonde) because I have been using Write-it-Now (V4) for some time, so I have noticed some similarities. Guess I'll poke around here for a while and see if I can learn anything. My usual Forum activity is via Writers Online.

Re: Hello

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 pm
by Briar Kit
PaigeElizabethTurner wrote:Is this where we say 'hello'?

I'm Paige from West Midlands and am on the trial run of Scrivener (Windows). I really don't know what I'm doing on here because I should be trying to sort out all the fields and drop-down menus on the program!

I'm not totally thick (or blonde) because I have been using Write-it-Now (V4) for some time, so I have noticed some similarities. Guess I'll poke around here for a while and see if I can learn anything. My usual Forum activity is via Writers Online.


Hello ;)

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:54 am
by vic-k
Dearest Paige,
Unfortunately, the answer to your question is: Yes. Yes, inasmuch as it has become the place where the unsuspecting; the vulnerable; the naive and the innocent, who, having first made the mistake of joining the crew of leaky old ship, Scrivener, as it ploughs the tempestuous seas of Literary Endeavour, assume, once again, mistakenly, that Scriv’s bottom deck And Now For That Latte is the the place to seek and find: friendship, camaraderie, bonhomie, and that welcoming helping hand. F’get it! Scrivener’s intelligentsia avoid the lower deck, as they would contact with bubonic plague!

Be careful who you talk to down here, and under no circumstances lend any other members of the crew money ... no matter how heartrending their proffered plight.

Welcome aboard, Paige,
Take care
Vic x x x

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:28 pm
by yosimiti
Greetings Earthling,

Welcome to the world of Scrivener! In case you haven't figured it out Vic-K is essentially bat-shit-crazy, though still very much a genius that is bat-shit-crazy. The 'Vic-k effect', essentially is what happens when you spend your life on forums such as these. But that's not a bad thing...sort of...

I hope you enjoy writing with Scrivener, and should you ever be blessed with getting an Apple computer or one of them skinny devices they call, after tampons, iPads, or, after spaceships, iPods, or after E.T., iPhones (I-phone phone home to all you Spielberg fans) be sure to try out Scrivener for iOS!

Yosimiti

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:21 pm
by vic-k
yosimiti wrote:Greetings Earthling,
Welcome to the world of Scrivener! In case you haven't figured it out Vic-K is essentially bat-shit-crazy, though still very much a genius that is bat-shit-crazy. The 'Vic-k effect', essentially is what happens when you spend your life on forums such as these. But that's not a bad thing...sort of...
I hope you enjoy writing with Scrivener, and should you ever be blessed with getting an Apple computer or one of them skinny devices they call, after tampons, iPads, or, after spaceships, iPods, or after E.T., iPhones (I-phone phone home to all you Spielberg fans) be sure to try out Scrivener for iOS!
Yosimiti

Hmm, interesting. Apropos the above:
As was muted in closed forum, some nine months ago, Yosimiti was thought to have contracted the Cafeteria roenbergensis scrivirus. Judging by the enclosed quote, it would appear our earlier fears have been realised. There is, at this point in time, no known cure.
Do Take care
Dr Mulality.
Scrivener Behavioural Psychologist

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:54 pm
by yosimiti
Indeed...

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:29 pm
by vic-k
yosimiti wrote:Indeed...


Indeed, indeed!Image Remind you of anybody? :?

Dear Paige,
As with yosimiti (or young yossi, as he like to be called), so it is with all those affected by :roll: A propensity for OFF-TOPICing But ... given time ... a lot of time, plus an inordinate about of patience, you could become immune to it ... if you're one of the fortunate.

So with no further ado, back on topic, and Welcome, once again aboard Scrivener, Paige,
Take care
Vic

Re: Hello

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:48 pm
by yosimiti
Great, now I'm sure she thinks she's entered crazy-town. Feels like the US elections...

Re: Hello

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 pm
by vic-k
Yossi, if y're reading this, close you eyes NOW!!!
T'night, I'shall be curling up with Olivia Watts, Paige's main protagonist/heroine in:
Image
Might even have an early night! :twisted:

Re: Hello

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:34 pm
by yosimiti
Damn she is an actual writer...

Ah well, there goes creating good first impressions...


Good job Vic -p

Re: Hello

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 pm
by Jaysen
Talk about parent's making a good prediction for her future...

Re: Hello

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:35 pm
by vic-k
Gleaned from Paige's Blog:
Paige’s father was a journalist with London’s Daily Telegraph. (Perhaps the journalist’s warped sense of humour led to Paige’s given name!)

Y' could've, :roll: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt. If she has inherited her dad's warped sense of humour, she'll have a niche already prepared for her here on Scriv's lower deck. She could be lurking here already for all we know :shock:

Re: Hello

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:48 pm
by Jaysen
vic-k wrote:Y' could've, :roll: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt.

Dont' you think thats pointing out the advantages given to nails is a bit mean?

Re: Hello

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:13 pm
by vic-k
Jaysen wrote:Dont' you think thats pointing out the advantages given to nails is a bit mean?
I had a choice of two options:
a) Speak the truth, "Y' could've, :roll: hit the nail on the head there, Numpt."
b) Be kind, and my post would've read, "Y' could've, :roll:, Numpt."

Re: Hello

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:24 pm
by Jaysen
Fine. I concede the point. This time.

About that yossi guy... Seems awful new to be pointing out the truth about your mental state so openly. I'm not sure if he is particularly brazen or you've lost your edge. There wasn't the normal level of fear and trepidation we've come to expect. You feeling ok these days?