Scrivner IOS

User avatar
Foxtrot
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:46 pm
Platform: Mac

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:08 pm Post

Hi

I have just paid £15 for the IOS app and I am not happy.

I have never figured out how to save files on my mac or my ipad properly or how either of them works. I have never tried to use Dropbox before or any other cloud system and now I have downlaoded it I can't be bothered to figure out how it works either.

I didn't bother to read the instructions or follow the tutorial because I am male and shouldn't need to do so.

However I will complain about wasting my money on this useless app and will leave a 1 star review on MAS.

Best....


(Sorry that was satire having just read the bollox that KB et al have to deal with!)
Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:53 pm Post

Foxtrot wrote:(Sorry that was satire having just read the bollox that KB et al have to deal with!)

Don't worry about it , Foxy, mate. When Scriv encounters BOLLOX OVERLOAD, it triggers an automatic response:
FFSRTFM!!
Hope this helps :wink:
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
garpu
Posts: 2070
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 pm
Platform: Linux

Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:38 pm Post

Oh ugh, really? (The reviews, not your satire.) Doesn't surprise me, though. It's like a recipe blog, where half the comments on a cake recipe are from people who used black beans instead of flour, applesauce instead of eggs, and agave nectar instead of sugar and wonder why they didn't get a chiffon cake.
Slackware-current 64-bit, XFCE

User avatar
gr
Posts: 2244
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:57 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Florida

Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:51 am Post

Foxtrot wrote:(Sorry that was satire having just read the bollox that KB et al have to deal with!)


The sport here is deeper than I expected, since every review on the App Store so far is an enthusiastic five star review. Or maybe I have somehow stumbled into the App Store of the afterlife where all the reviews are blisteringly positive.

I was really looking forward to some good bollox.

gr

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6294
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:00 pm Post

KB must be the master turtle to have a shell that thick (that's a reference from LONG LONG AGO IN A FORUM FAR FAR AWAY that is almost an inside joke for us old timers).

The latest rounds of forum users (some time after windows was added) have really turned me off from EVER running a product company that takes and feedback from customers. Sure that is bad for the "open source minded" folks, but for centuries feedback to companies was limited to focus groups. And no one cared.

Which is me saying "BAH HUMBUG!" to ever doing another startup.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:52 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Which is me saying "BAH HUMBUG!" to ever doing another startup.


Is there anything you don't say "BAH HUMBUG" to (with the exception of Mrs Jaysen*)?

*And I suspect that's only because of her well known** expertise in skillet weaponry
**She must be so pleased you've distributed knowledge of her talents so broadly :twisted:
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6294
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:56 pm Post

nom wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Which is me saying "BAH HUMBUG!" to ever doing another startup.


Is there anything you don't say "BAH HUMBUG" to (with the exception of Mrs Jaysen*)?

*And I suspect that's only because of her well known** expertise in skillet weaponry
**She must be so pleased you've distributed knowledge of her talents so broadly :twisted:

She prefers wide distribution of her ... talent. "Strike the fear of ... Never mind" she says.

And I tend to not humbug sunsets, good rum and scotch, and fresh fish that I've caught and cooked. Other than that... eh.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2912
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:28 pm Post

garpu wrote:Oh ugh, really? (The reviews, not your satire.) Doesn't surprise me, though. It's like a recipe blog, where half the comments on a cake recipe are from people who used black beans instead of flour, applesauce instead of eggs, and agave nectar instead of sugar and wonder why they didn't get a chiffon cake.


I didn't realise this was a thing, so I googled it and, sure enough, you can apparently switch out 1/4 cup of apple sauce for each egg in a recipe.

Although I tried it and the hollandaise was f*#king disgusting.
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Hu
Hugh
Posts: 2444
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:05 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: UK

Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:47 pm Post

:lol:
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6294
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:45 pm Post

pigfender wrote:Although I tried it and the hollandaise was f*#king disgusting.

you owe me a keyboard and monitor
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

User avatar
Foxtrot
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:46 pm
Platform: Mac

Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:22 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
pigfender wrote:Although I tried it and the hollandaise was f*#king disgusting.

you owe me a keyboard and monitor


Or an abacus and a Black & White TV.
Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:15 am Post

Y' know, even abucussisisises have bugs, too :(
Attachments
Image 02-08-2016 at 14.06.jpg
Image 02-08-2016 at 14.06.jpg (22.46 KiB) Viewed 2490 times
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2912
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:45 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:you owe me a keyboard and monitor


I'll buy you a beer next time you're in town.
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6294
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:18 pm Post

pigfender wrote:
Jaysen wrote:you owe me a keyboard and monitor


I'll buy you a beer next time you're in town.

close enough. I'll start working on the tickets....
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

User avatar
yosimiti
Posts: 602
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:56 am
Platform: Mac

Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 pm Post

Foxtrot wrote:Hi

I have just paid £15 for the IOS app and I am not happy.

I have never figured out how to save files on my mac or my ipad properly or how either of them works. I have never tried to use Dropbox before or any other cloud system and now I have downlaoded it I can't be bothered to figure out how it works either.

I didn't bother to read the instructions or follow the tutorial because I am male and shouldn't need to do so.

However I will complain about wasting my money on this useless app and will leave a 1 star review on MAS.

Best....


(Sorry that was satire having just read the bollox that KB et al have to deal with!)



Okay, what is this discussion supposed to be about as the originator stated that he was being satirical (comical, maybe)? Nothing? Wonderful. I just wasted a part of my life reading all this.