Who can dance?

Ma
Matthew Graybosch

Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:43 pm Post

Wock wrote:This is how I dance.

That reminds me of a story I wrote the last time I got drunk; it involved a court wizard who repelled an invading army that summoning massive flocks of Canada geese to "carpet bomb" the invaders.
Using Scrivener 1.12 beta on 1st gen MacBook (Lilywhite Lilith)
"Arioch! Arioch! Hookers and blow for my lord Arioch!"

alexwein
Platform: Mac

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 pm Post

Hahaha! That is a riot. Wock, that is about the funniest thing I've seen all week.

I think it's a fallacy to think that writers can't dance. My mother is a writer, has been all her life, mostly fiction, screenplays. And she was a champion jitterbug competitor in her youth and still dances up a storm. She's the reason my siblings and I can dance too. My brother, a professional composer, wowed us all at his wedding when he and his new bride did a routine that would have put Fred and Ginger to shame!

Who says we can't use many different parts of our brain fully, eh? :wink:

Alexandria
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:09 pm Post

Wock has too much free time.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

dr
druid
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:58 pm Post

alexwein wrote:I think it's a fallacy to think that writers can't dance. My mother is a writer, has been all her life, mostly fiction, screenplays. And she was a champion jitterbug competitor in her youth and still dances up a storm. She's the reason my siblings and I can dance too. My brother, a professional composer, wowed us all at his wedding when he and his new bride did a routine that would have put Fred and Ginger to shame!

Outstanding! I knew we had one extrovert in the bunch! You get to chair the First Anniversary Dance Party and Reunion for Scrivenistas, which Vic will co-host at his compound in StockPond. Hoping he will serve his famous Baked Bean Pizza, too! :P

alexwein
Platform: Mac

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 pm Post

druid wrote:Outstanding! I knew we had one extrovert in the bunch! You get to chair the First Anniversary Dance Party and Reunion for Scrivenistas, which Vic will co-host at his compound in StockPond. Hoping he will serve his famous Baked Bean Pizza, too! :P

Well, I always test as an introvert, but I definitely have an extroverted side! I'll do it! Not sure about the baked bean pizza, but, as chair, I can guide us into a healthy and delicious assortment of foods. Vic, you'd best behave and keep that LD fellow in check. You will all be dancing fools before the night is over.

Alexandria
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:38 pm Post

Lapin du Broutage, Droo et al.

When I let him of the leash, the fool Vic, dressed in his welder`s protective leather gear, does a pretty mean `Dance of the Seven Veils` It has been know to drive women to distraction....or is it nausea? I think probably the later. But!!! mes amis...there is no accounting for taste...or indeed...lack of it ..is there?
Le D :twisted:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.