Mobile version of forum

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:59 pm Post

Google (shudder) …
… now gets more search queries in the U.S. from people using mobile devices such as smartphones than it does from people browsing the Web on PCs.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/google-se ... ?r=US&IR=T

The future is here. :D
Account closed January 2017

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:19 pm Post

The chances are very good, it's a bit of a job though since I need to sort out what all the custom ProSilver theme fork has that we'd need carried over to the modern version of it, it's more than just the header. So unfortunately I cannot just flick a switch.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Br
Briar Kit
Platform: Mac

Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:27 am Post

AmberV wrote:The chances are very good, it's a bit of a job though since I need to sort out what all the custom ProSilver theme fork has that we'd need carried over to the modern version of it, it's more than just the header. So unfortunately I cannot just flick a switch.

A bit of a job, but also a pleasure. :P

Appreciate the work involved. Scrivener first and foremost. :D

Thanks for the info and advice.
Account closed January 2017

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:57 pm Post

Briar Kit wrote:
AmberV wrote:Oh I’m sure plenty of people like the look, I just don’t get along with it very often. The phpBB mobile theme is quite nice though, a reasonable font size, no hugely stripped back functionality that I can see, and it retains the feel of the original. I can definitely fly with that—my guess is its not working because we modified the default theme a long time ago to change the header and such, before any of this was something anyone did, so it hasn’t benefited from updates.

And what are the chances of it being tweaked to support the responsive design? Or not enough demand to warrant an update? I can't be the only one, can I? :shock:

Well, you can except that, apart from the fact it would be extremely unlikely, I can also personally confirm that you're not (the only one). I often visit the forum on my iPad and occasionally from my phone. Double tap is your friend (but a responsive site even more so).

To summarise in almost functional grammar: Hey AmberV, wot she said!*

*It seems Jaysen may be right: perhaps we are all part of vic-k's imagination :roll:
Complete and utter NOMsense.

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:01 pm Post

nom wrote:*It seems Jaysen may be right: perhaps we are all part of vic-k's imagination :roll:

Scary, in'it? But I can think of worse imaginations to be part of... no.... no I can't....
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:
nom wrote:*It seems Jaysen may be right: perhaps we are all part of vic-k's imagination :roll:

Scary, in'it? But I can think of worse imaginations to be part of... no.... no I can't....

Awww shucks!Image
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.