ANOTHER B****Y NOM Birthday … AGEN!?

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:16 pm Post

Gorra be a con job … he's just attention seeking … inhe … eh!?
If he is, and Mum and Maude gerra whiff of it, he;ll be forrit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6pJZxzGc_0

Happy Birthday Nomskie :wink:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
Eldritch
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:03 am
Platform: Mac
Location: Wales, UK.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:27 pm Post

I'd certainly like to bounce around with them and have a lot of fun. :twisted:
When in doubt, have a man come through the door with a gun in his hand.
--Raymond Chandler

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6197
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:47 pm Post

Must. Stop. Clicking. Vic-K. Supplied. Links.

Nom, unlike Mr K, the marginally rational among the +3 would off you a bottle of nice scotch. But... you're Australian. You are therefore contaminated by Fosters (guilt by association) and unable to enjoy anything that is "nice". A simple "happy birthday" must suffice.

Now that I type that I see vic-k's point.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:33 pm Post

Eldritch wrote:I'd certainly like to bounce around with them and have a lot of fun. :twisted:
There's always someone more than ready to lower the tone, and send us spiralling inexorable downwards t'ward the sewer. :oops: :(
Last edited by vic-k on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:37 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Now that I type that I see vic-k's point.
Time for a spot of counselling … perhaps?
Do take care
Dr Mulality
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 pm Post

vic-k wrote:Gorra be a con job … he's just attention seeking … inhe … eh!?
If he is, and Mum and Maude gerra whiff of it, he;ll be forrit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6pJZxzGc_0

Happy Birthday Nomskie :wink:


'twas a good one, albeit slightly delayed this year.
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:49 pm Post

Eldritch wrote:I'd certainly like to bounce around with them and have a lot of fun. :twisted:


I'm not sure what bothers me more: the thought that you might be talking about the mother and her sister pretending to be kangaroos in vic's video, or the thought you might be talking about Mum & Maude. 'Cause if the latter two knew that... Sorry, I'll start that sentence again. When I tell them :twisted: that you watched (and liked) vic's video, I'm sure they'll have a lot fun introducing you to Maude's special "kangaroo purse bounce". While you could use a mix of Google, deduction and disturbed imagination to work the nature Maude's fun, you're probably better not knowing (unless, of course, you hang out at the type of clubs that vic-k is known to be thrown out of).
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:02 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Must. Stop. Clicking. Vic-K. Supplied. Links.

Nom, unlike Mr K, the marginally rational among the +3 would off you a bottle of nice scotch. But... you're Australian. You are therefore contaminated by Fosters (guilt by association) and unable to enjoy anything that is "nice". A simple "happy birthday" must suffice.

Now that I type that I see vic-k's point.


Although is often some... tension... between Australians and our British and American counterparts, there is one thing for which we are grateful to our northern hemisphere friends: you take all our Fosters so we don't have to drink it. It means there is so much more room in our bottle-shops and pubs for our micro-breweries (and even our major breweries now) to distribute their fine ales and crafted lagers. Thank you!

I don't think I've had Fosters since 1989 (I was in the USA and someone bought it for me: I was polite and pretended to be grateful as I sipped from it until I could surreptitiously use it to water a pot-plant. Then someone gave me a Coors and I wished I'd kept my Fosters...).

If it helps you feel better about not offering me whiskey, I went to a whiskey bar on my birthday and tasted two excellent examples of Scotland's finest: Bunnahabhain's Toiteach and Bruichladdich's Ochdamh-mór. Feel free to add both of those to the list of whiskeys to send me next year...
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:04 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Eldritch wrote:I'd certainly like to bounce around with them and have a lot of fun. :twisted:
There's always someone more than ready to lower the tone, and send us spiralling inexorable downwards t'ward the sewer. :oops: :(


Following M&M's involvement, the sewer could indicate an improvement. :oops:

They're family, but... :roll:
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:07 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
Jaysen wrote:Now that I type that I see vic-k's point.
Time for a spot of counselling … perhaps?
Do take care
Dr Mulality


My offer stands: fly me there, provide appropriate board and lodgings, and I'll provide an hour of therapy a day at no further charge...
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 pm Post

Image Here y' go. 'eyyup!! this is only 46%proof

Not sure about this other one either :shock: Only 59% proof. They're nearly all water!!
Mind you, I suppose it'll do for an Aussie's jaded, jaundiced palletesque, palate

Image
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
nom
Posts: 1914
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:02 am
Platform: Mac + iOS
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:21 am Post

vic-k wrote:Here y' go. 'eyyup!! this is only 46%proof


Tsk tsk tsk... I expected better from on old souse like yourself. Using the British standard* (100º proof = 4/7 ABV), then 46% ABV of the Bunnahabhain Toiteach = 80.5º proof

vic-k wrote:Not sure about this other one either :shock: Only 59% proof. They're nearly all water!!
Mind you, I suppose it'll do for an Aussie's jaded, jaundiced palletesque, palate


Using the British standard, the Bruichladdich Ochdamh-mór is 103º proof.


*The USA redefined 100º proof as 50% ABV. Not sure if this was marketing (to makes their spirits sound heavier than they are), laziness (multiplying by 2 is easier than 1.75), or taxes (if the same ABV has a higher "proof", and you tax alcohol based on the latter, I can see the attraction for the state).
Complete and utter NOMsense.
Image

User avatar
Jaysen
Posts: 6197
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:00 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: East-Be-Jesus-Nowhere SC, USA

Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:55 am Post

nom wrote:
vic-k wrote:Here y' go. 'eyyup!! this is only 46%proof


Tsk tsk tsk... I expected better from on old souse like yourself. Using the British standard* (100º proof = 4/7 ABV), then 46% ABV of the Bunnahabhain Toiteach = 80.5º proof

vic-k wrote:Not sure about this other one either :shock: Only 59% proof. They're nearly all water!!
Mind you, I suppose it'll do for an Aussie's jaded, jaundiced palletesque, palate


Using the British standard, the Bruichladdich Ochdamh-mór is 103º proof.


*The USA redefined 100º proof as 50% ABV. Not sure if this was marketing (to makes their spirits sound heavier than they are), laziness (multiplying by 2 is easier than 1.75), or taxes (if the same ABV has a higher "proof", and you tax alcohol based on the latter, I can see the attraction for the state).

or it just makes more sense.

Which we know is not true or we'd be metric.

But to prove that we learned that from the imperial overlords, I offer my '75 MG. On the right side of the car several bolt/nuts are SAE sized (empirical) on the other side the same bolts are metric. And before you say "that was a repair, my shop manual dated 1975 points this out as a caution to the mechanic. If there is a confusing way to do thing, the brits will choose that option.

:P
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

Image

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:37 pm Post

http://liquor.com/expressions/jameson-irish-whiskey/

Check out proof o' t' proof, of a man's drink :shock: !!
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

User avatar
pigfender
Posts: 2776
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:25 am
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS
Location: I share a head with a great many personalities
Contact:

Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:46 am Post

Yay it's Nom's birthday!

Let's play it again! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

Happy birthday, Nomibold.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Image
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com