Rice for Words. No, really.

cr
crimewriter
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:47 am
Location: Cotswolds

Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:17 pm Post

I think Druid's spouse is winning: not admitting to being numerate is really clever. I get landed with working out who pays what at the Chinese every time. And I have to sort out my own tax return. Still, other people reverse the car for me, and make the toast, once they've seen how cr*p I am at those tasks.

cw
Some quiet night when you've shirked your work because of fatigue or distraction, open a window of your house and listen. Do you hear that distant clicking sound? That's one of your competitors, pecking away at his keyboard in Paris or London or Erie, PA

Kh
Khadrelt
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:22 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:37 pm Post

crimewriter wrote:I managed a consistent 49 to 50 but couldn't get any higher...


Probably because 50 is the highest level. :wink:
And that, my Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped.

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:34 pm Post

KH,

What you`ve got to bear in mind, is the malfunctioning keyboard syndrome as well as the number of Fantasy Fiction writers and substance abusers contributing to this thread. That`ll probably account for 90% of the high scorers. The other 10% will be going cross eyed, scanning a myriad online dictionaries dotted, all about their desktop.

This has to be the most meritorious procrastinatory device ever.

Long may it reign :lol:
vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

cr
crimewriter
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:47 am
Location: Cotswolds

Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:03 pm Post

Thanks for pointing that out, Khadreit. It's the story of my life: I carry on struggling, never noticing I've reached my goal. Or maybe it's a goal someone else has set? Are you sure I couldn't reach 60 if I tried a bit harder?

Nothing wrong with my keyboard, Vic. A multilingual childhood came in helpful, though, and a grounding in Greek and Latin. Oh, and a lack of formal education, probably.

:wink:

cw
Some quiet night when you've shirked your work because of fatigue or distraction, open a window of your house and listen. Do you hear that distant clicking sound? That's one of your competitors, pecking away at his keyboard in Paris or London or Erie, PA

Kh
Khadrelt
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:22 pm
Platform: Mac
Location: Utah, USA
Contact:

Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:48 pm Post

I was getting 43 at first and was feeling pretty stupid, because I assumed the score was out of 100. Once I looked it up and found out it was to 50, I felt a little better.

But honestly, there were quite a few words in there I'd be willing to bet real money have never been used in an actual sentence, except maybe by someone trying to impress someone else - or someone talking about a vocabulary quiz.
And that, my Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped.

User avatar
vic-k
Posts: 7135
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:23 am
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:39 pm Post

I think it`s all just a load of words :lol: :lol: :lol: agghhhhhee!! he! he! he!...em ermm...tra la la..laa la...laaa :oops:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.