Portlander Alert!!!

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:30 am Post

Jeezzz!!! we`ve even got em in the Guardian now!! :shock:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/d ... andusa.usa
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

KB
Site Admin
Platform: Mac

Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:05 pm Post

Yeah, and Beth Ditto is Portland's coolest resident - official. It says so right there. So in your face, AmberV, Alexwein and the rest of you - you are officially not as cool as the fat activist vegan punk* with the pancake!

Keith

* Her own words; in no way am I to be flamed for being prejudiced against the horizontally-challenged of this world.

vic-k

Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:42 pm Post

oh! oh! La merde has hit the soddin fan now :shock:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

ma
mamster

Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:32 pm Post

Here in America, we call that a waffle.

vic-k

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:47 pm Post

We do over here too :) Capt,n Blount was probably cross-eyed from answering a daft question from someone, after overdosing on cheese puffs.

English pancakes are about the same size as Beth`s waffle, but more like French crepes. But enough of this waffling on.

I think a stiff missive to the editor of the Guardian is called for, indicating dissatisfaction at falling, nay, plummeting standards :shock:

Disgruntled and disappointed of Stockport :evil:

rhacer

Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:34 pm Post

KB wrote:Yeah, and Beth Ditto is Portland's coolest resident - official. It says so right there. So in your face, AmberV, Alexwein and the rest of you - you are officially not as cool as the fat activist vegan punk* with the pancake!

Keith

* Her own words; in no way am I to be flamed for being prejudiced against the horizontally-challenged of this world.

And all this time I thought I was Stumptown's coolest resident. I'm so disappointed to find out otherwise.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:04 pm Post

Yes, this is devastating, but easy to remedy. Clearly, we all need to start eating a lot of waffles. Lots. I am going to become a waffle activist.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

Kh
Khadrelt

Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:20 pm Post

"Evil beware - we have waffles."
--Raven (from the animated Teen Titans)
And that, my Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped.

rhacer

Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:05 pm Post

AmberV wrote:Yes, this is devastating, but easy to remedy. Clearly, we all need to start eating a lot of waffles. Lots. I am going to become a waffle activist.

I happen to be extraordinarily good at waffling.

alexwein

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:12 am Post

Thai Noon is one of our favorite places to eat and about five minutes (if that) from our house. Enough food to split a meal and the meal costs 6 bucks. No additives, organic products, very yummy. She's right about the peanut sauce but I prefer the Rama Garden, the curry dishes and the pineapple fried rice! Don't remotely eat waffles, so she lost me there. She's definitely not the coolest person in Portland. Though I have to admit, she gets it pretty right about Portland which makes her at least moderately cool.
8)

Alexandria
Inspiration is for amateurs...the rest of us just show up.
-Chuck Close
http://alexandriapallas.com

br
brett

Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:10 am Post

OK, granted Portland is like any other great city -- diverse and rich enough that no single article can come close to capturing every resident's favorite aspects. And granted that this won't matter a whit to Alexandria, without whom the city would be poorer. But ... how do you write a story about Portland and not even mention BEER?!

We don't call it Beervana for nuthin'...

vic-k

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:48 am Post

. :shock: ..this is getting scarier...and scarier....and scarier...and sca......