The Blog?

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:39 pm Post

I want to note here for the record that we haven't just disregarded the original query for this thread. As I mentioned earlier, it is something I had already placed on my list of things to think about for the website, and since this thread has started, we've been talking about the best way to approach things. Just know we aren't ignoring the root complaint, and one way or another we'll come up with a solution that doesn't involving having a prominently featured blog without a lot of activity posted to it.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:37 pm Post

robertdguthrie wrote: What, at this point, is your concern? Now that you've been assured that blogging is not a priority of the company, what else would assure you that Lit & Lat is active and healthy?

My concern, when I started the thread, was the impression a dead blog makes on people coming to the website to look at Scrivener or Scapple. A software company like L&L need to attract new customers to be able to keep going. I really like both softwares and hope that both will survive many more years, but the company can't survive on updating the software for free for all of us who already have a license.

AmberV apparently understood what I was trying to say, and with his final remark I rest my case.
Last edited by lunk on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:12 pm Post

lunk wrote:mberV apparently understood what I was trying to say, and with her final remark I rest my case.
Hey! Lunk...y' great lunk! Amber V, is a bloke! :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:47 am Post

Biologically, anatomically, emotionally, nicknamely or avatarily? Who can be sure of gender today? :)
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, running different OS.
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 11 Pro, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

vic-k

Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:57 am Post

Just to let you 'partially' off the hook: not too long ago, most blokes on board Scrivener, lusted after the enigmatic but intellectually brilliant, Blue Stocking female Brain-on-Legs from Portland, Oreogon. All hell broke loose, when 'she' revealed the well concealed fact that, 'she', was in fact a 'he'! :shock: :shock: :? :oops: :( :cry:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

as
asotir
Platform: Mac

Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:50 am Post

Maybe one way to keep the blog active would be to post a link in it to every forum item/thread that has a neat trick, tip, or solution to common problem.

AmberV

Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm Post

Oh blue stockings it is now. :!:
Ioa Petra'ka

Wock

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:14 am Post

The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

vic-k

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:33 am Post

AmberV wrote:Oh blue stockings it is now. :!:

Listen buddy!! You're luck y' didn't end up with a spam box full of feckin' hate mail :evil:

AmberV

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:17 pm Post

It's not easy being blue. :(
Ioa Petra'ka

Hu
Hugh

Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:42 pm Post

AmberV wrote:It's not easy being blue. :(

No, it isn't.
'Listen, some quiet night, when you've shirked your work that day. Do you hear
that distant, almost inaudible clicking sound? That's one of your
competitors, working away in the night in
Paris or London or Erie, PA.'

vic-k

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:27 pm Post

He looks happy enough.Image Is he on something? Maybe d' 'oly 'erb... eh? :wink: a Camberwell Carrot, p'rhaps? :twisted: Image http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PObknmaH9po
Last edited by vic-k on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vic-k

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:29 pm Post

AmberV wrote:It's not easy being blue. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yieYCVuVIxg

AmberV

Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:58 pm Post

I think he might be on that special mushroom "party mix" referred to above.
Ioa Petra'ka

KB
Site Admin

Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:12 pm Post

Just to point out that although I don't get much time to update the blog (when I'm not developing, I tend to be writing other things), our Twitter and Facebook pages are very active and healthy - we have a very good social media presence, it's just the blog that's lacking. We're looking into putting a rota together and getting different L&L members to do a blog post every month so that it at least gets updated regularly.

But apparently I suck at marketing to the extent that I spend my days watching $50 notes float by in the gutter.
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."