Writing Resolutions for 2013??

Wock

Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 pm Post

ptram wrote:It looks like the only accepted resolution, nowadays, is Retina.

Bah Retina is so 2012.

Lets look to 2013 and

4K!
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/01/red-has-a-4k-player-for-the-coming-wave-of-4k-ultra-hd-tvs

Of course Ultra HD TVs will set you back about 20K and content is rather expensive as well (streamed it could max many data caps in just a few showings).

But think about the ability to count individual nose hairs on a 84" tv from 30 feet away.

Or if we could game at that resolution we could melt a hole in the floor (CHina Syndrome Anyone?)

And by the time we save up enough money to buy a 4K system 8K or 24K or something newer will be out.

Oh well. If only content on Cable/Satelite was not a majority of 480 or 1080i we might be able to adopt better resolutions but until then I have to concure....

Retina is the only resolution currently we should discuss.

+2
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:38 pm Post

Wock wrote:Retina is the only resolution currently we should discuss
Never mind pige...Happy New Year anyway :wink: :evil:
Vic
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (11.55 KiB) Viewed 499 times
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

caseyfreeland
Platform: Mac

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 am Post

So this guy, Tony Pisculli at hawaiishakes.org, created a spreadsheet for writers to develop more consistent writing habits. It's awesome. I found it on Mur Lafferty's site murverse.com. Because I love messing with spreadsheets, I thought I'd create a version. And now I'm sharing it with you. Put in your word count each day. Target is at least 250. The more days in a row you go, the higher your score for the month. It's pretty cool.

https://www.dropbox.com/el/?r=%2Fsh%2Fl ... WCiIMX0arA