Greetings

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:36 pm Post

God Bless the Good Ship Scrivener, and the happy band of Scrivenerati who sail in her. Greetings and best wishes to all.

This is my first posting in the forum, or any forum for that matter and I`m not really au fait with forum etiquette, but, no doubt somebody out there will whip me back into line , if I transgress. forcing
My name`s Vic and I`m a 63yr old ex Massey Furguson `Hairyarsed Welder`, from Manchester.
In Jan 2000 I took early retirement on grounds of ill health after contracting ME in June 1999. ME, by the way, is a neurological disease (Myalgic Encephalopathy/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), and not a severe case of ` Narcissistic Personality Disorder`, that`s `me me meeeee me.....me`, not, ME.

In early 1992, I saw an advertisement for the `Writers Bureau` in Manchester and toyed with the idea of enrolling on its `Comprehensive Writing Coarse`, which, being a blisteringly decisive type, I did......in Jan, this year, 2007, in what I hope, doesn`t prove to be, a vain attempt at kick starting the old brain into performing reasonably well and consistently (rather than in fits and starts), by subjecting it to the disciplinary demands of a structured study program. That sounds like I`ve signed up for a course of Sado / Masochistic bondage, dosen`t it. I haven`t honest!

I`ve invested £1000 in updating my Apple BW G3 (which I acquired just a few weeks before I acquired the ME in 99, I don`t think the two events are related but....?), for a Pentium Core 2 Duo iMAC, running Tiger 4; having cable Broadband installed; course enrollment fees; a reclining swivel chair and of course the excruciatingly exorbitantly priced `Scrivener`. But, having reach my age, one of the many lessons I`ve failed miserably to learn, is that nothing thats any good, comes cheap.

Would other members of the Scrivener`s crew, please look away now, while I do some creeping to the skipper Capt. Keith: Capn` sir, ye` roner, one lesson I have learnt, over my 63 yrs, is, `There`s always an exception to the rule and shiver me timbers if Scrivener aint it`.

Keith, stop beating yourself up about a price rise. If it was any cheaper, nobody would buy it, they`d think you were giving it away because it`s a `crock of shite`, which it patently is not, a fact I`m sure the Scrivenerati will attest too, en masse. If any of the scurvy dogs don`t, make `em walk the plank.

This is has become a long post, sorry, but since it`s my Maiden speech (post) to The House , in the main chamber of `The Palace of Scrivener` I`m entitled to some forbearance on the part of any of the members therein .
Notice, If you haven`t already, just how cleverly I`ve moved the action from `The High Seas` into `The Corridors of Power`. It`s a gift...it`s a gift.

On a serious note, *$%!±-!1&...... shit!!! I don`t know if I can do `serious` .

I`ll try again: That`s better. I am! serious when I say that, I really have enjoyed reading all your posts over the last few months and have come to the conclusion that the Scrivenerati (at least, those of you that I`ve encountered through your posts) are a bunch of genuinely nice `Guys `n Gals`
and it`s been worth every penny of the pittance I paid for Scrivener for that pleasure.

Before I finish, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Alexandria on her successful defense. Well done Doc, keep up the good work, and you take care in New Orleans.

Keith and Amber V; common decency dictates that I inform you both of the fact that: I, am the man for whom the expression R.T.F.M. was coined. I shall elucidate in my next post, if you haven`t kicked me off the forum already.
Good night and may all your Gods be with you.
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:12 pm Post

The FAQ.

:twisted:

And welcome to the forum. Banter is always appreciated, especially in copious quantities.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:11 pm Post

Dear AV.
Thanks for the welcome and the FAQ. Much appreciated
I`ve already printed off all the do`s and don`t`s.

Take care ,
Good night,
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.