A declining taste in movies??

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:16 pm Post

Pink,
I am seriously considering calling an,`Extraordinary Meeting`. of the Elders of-the Society of DOMs of Scriveners lower decks, and proposing we accept you into our Order as an Honorary Member. A DOW in-fact.

Does that appeal? :) Only one condition: Gag has to go. I think the DOMS would much prefer a `Pouting PINK`:twisted:

Judders
Having attained an equilibrious state (of sorts), I`m `almost` in a position to fend off, with suitably barbed riposte, the scurrilous jibes and innuendoes, ensconced within the text of your last post. As I say almost.

Of necessity, I`ve had to remove ( with, I must add, the utmost reluctance), the banner with `Fluffy Skunkmunster` emblazoned across it . I`m just not mature enough to cope with it whilst at the same time, trying to relate to the rest of the world, as a sentient and cognant human being, in stead of a helpless gibbering idiot. I do of course realise that last phrase, has armed you with a cudgel of enormous proportions, with which to bludgeon me severely.

I have to leave now, and deliver my in-laws unto John Lennon airport (Liverpool). I wont be able to explain to them, that the reason I`m chuckling away to myself, isn`t because I`m getting rid of `em, but because of what some georgeous foul mouthed Totty wrote on `tinternet.

Inevitably, by the time I get back from, the Pool, they with have phoned her and told her what a******* ***** of a husband she`s got.

Adieu
vic :)
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

pink

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:20 pm Post

I am humbled at your kind notion!

My in-laws think that I am the screaming shrew - I am rarely grateful when they bring down 8 boxes of inferior chocolate for my children to go wild on.

As for my huband's in-laws - well they are arriving at the ungodly hour of 4.50am to Heathrow on a Wednesday some weeks from now. I am thinking that at that hour, perhaps it's best that I do the airport pickup for this one! Last time he delivered my cousin to the airport, he got a speeding fine on the way home (at 4am).

By the way, I am not sure I want to be a DOW. I am going to die in a freak hang-gliding accident at the age of 97, and therefore at the crusty age of 37, I have not officially reached middle age.

I am quite happy to be a DB though.
Now writing: random bloggy stuff

vic-k

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:27 am Post

Pink
how about FMDB :wink:
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Wock

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:08 pm Post

If I truly want to dive deep into a story I will read the book.

If I want escape and easy entertainment I watch a movie.

I would not say your taste has change, just the underlying motivation for viewing the movie has changed.

I am sitting waiting here for Transformers 2

Hoping they will bring the Dinobots and Contructicons out. :-)
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

pink

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:50 pm Post

Vic, how about FDMT?

I totally approve of movies that offer escapism and enjoyment - not everything has to be deep and meaningful to be high quality.

It's like styles of music, there is a place for vacuous pop music - if it makes you want to climb onto a podium in the middle of a club and dance, it must be good*!

* That does not apply to any music by the spice girls, that just makes me want to remove my teeth with pliers

Jo
Jolanth Szatmary
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:58 pm Post

pink wrote:That does not apply to any music by the spice girls, that just makes me want to remove my teeth with pliers[/i]

Shouldn't it read: »that just makes me want to remove their teeth with pliers? I agree with you that this would add an interesting facet to their musical performances.

Wock

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:25 pm Post

The spice girls were like an Awesome Book Cover with no content on the inside. I find it is best to view their videos with the mute button ON.

pink

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:40 pm Post

you're right, that would be fun. But I am against cruelty to dumb animals.

Jo
Jolanth Szatmary
Platform: Mac + iOS

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:44 pm Post

I can stare at Wock's pigeon for hours. It has cost me at least 50 pages so far. Somehow, I have the feeling that it transports some great wisdom.

vic-k

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:50 pm Post

IT`S A VULTURE!!! y` pumpernickel brain! :shock:

Juddbert
Platform: Mac

Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:59 pm Post

No Vic, just a six foot rabbit that answers to the name of Harvey... a mite less Jameson in the glass perhaps?

:wink:
Can't write right. Don't care neither. Er...either.

Scrivener 3.1.5 on macOS 10.15.6
Occasional player of the old Scappleodium...

vic-k

Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:59 pm Post

I`ve got a dead guilty secret, but I`m not sure whether or not I should put it out there,
I`ll just have to be careful how I word it: How many of you DOM, are kissing Pinks avatar. Come on now own up!!

It`s not only me!
It`s even worse when I imagine her articulating the full version of
FDMT
I can`t carry on like this....it`s all got to stop...I`m 63 not 36 Good Looking mind, but..still...63

jeeezz!!

Kh
Khadrelt
Platform: Mac

Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:38 pm Post

pink wrote:* That does not apply to any music by the spice girls, that just makes me want to remove my teeth with pliers

Saw one of their videos once. It was like waking up from a bad nightmare only to realize I hadn't really been asleep.

Do you ever find yourself wondering how in the world certain people ever became famous?
And that, my Liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped.

pink

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:36 am Post

* skips Vic, slightly unsure how to react, but with a sudden desire to wipe her mouth *

Totally. The biggest problem with them is that none of them are actually talented, but the least talented one is a supposed "icon". I can sing better than posh (sic) spice. And that's not saying a lot.

Wock

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:53 pm Post

Everyone is forgetting the big picture about the spice girls.

It is not about talent (of course because they have none.)

It is not about looks (they are not the greatest looking things).

It is about selling stupidity. :-)

Think of it like a B movie. You are surfing through the TV channels late at night and you pause on a really terrible B movie. The acting is so terrible you pause in wonder. How could anyone in there right mind actually get paid to act this bad? You ask. You continue watching waiting to see if it will improve because you know that no one in there right mind would make a movie this horrible. The special effects are horrible, the plot is non-existent and the sequence of events is just terrible. YOu keep watching in horror that someone actually made something this aweful. You are in self doubt. THis can't be like this throughout the movie. Maybe you caught it at a bad moment. You keep waiting for it to improve but alas it never does. You start watching to see if it is going to get even worse, and it does. In fact, it is a spiral ride down in stupidity and a waste of time. Before you know it you are watching the credits roll and are in disbelief that you just wasted all that time waiting to see if that stupid movie would ever improve or you waited to see the next stupid example of no talent to be demonstrated.

You got sucked in. Happens all the time. I cannot explain it. But ask friends and family about "Late Night B Movies" and why they end up watching them. WHo makes these things? Who writes these things? WHo acts in these things? And above all who paid for this thing thinking it would make any money?

Spice Girls through and through. You watch or listen in disbelief and always ask yourself the question "Who pays for this crap?"

I think of the Spice Girls as Motivational.

Motivational you ask?

Yup.

Simple.

They are a perfect example that

(1) You don't need talent to be a successful.
(2) You don't need excessively good looks to be a successful.
(3) You don't have to be highly intelligent to be successful.
(4) You don't need a good product to be successful.

All you need is a good marketing agent. :-P