A declining taste in movies??

pink

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:16 pm Post

:) in my real job I often speak with programmers, and a technical phrase that pops up is the Document Object Model, assosiated with javascript (or something very clever). So I was momentarily thrown off track there.

Of course I know what a dirty old man is... I am not totally clueless. (Just idealistic, unrealistic and naive!) [insert charmin wide eyed innocent smiley here]

PS: I really thought this smily was trying not to cry - :lol: - it looks like a real case of wobbly lip syndrome.
Now writing: random bloggy stuff

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:33 pm Post

Pink, Hiya :wink:

:lol: is actually based on my wife's facial features, when she finds my cash card, left, inadvertently lying around by me, as she`s on her was out for, `Retail Therapy`, in John Lewis`s temple of Mammon

Vic :cry:
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

PJ
PJS

Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:38 pm Post

... to follow up on Vic's observation, you hardly ever hear about Clean Old Men.

Come to think of it, I don't remember many references to Clean Young Men, either.

I guess around 5 or 6 is the critical age. (Was going to call it the cut-off point, but that seemed an unfortunate metaphor, in the given situation.}

Phil

Hu
Hugh
Platform: Mac

Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:31 pm Post

PJS wrote:... to follow up on Vic's observation, you hardly ever hear about Clean Old Men.

Come to think of it, I don't remember many references to Clean Young Men, either.

Phil

I can think of people (OK, women) of an older generation in the English Midlands for whom the highest form of approval was to observe (usually of a daughter's new boyfriend): "He's very clean."

Perhaps in their minds this was a subconscious antithesis to "Dirty, old ..."
More likely, however, it was simply a politer way of saying that his feet didn't smell. :)

pink

Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:15 pm Post

did they check for cheese in various places?

vic-k

Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:35 pm Post

indubitably!

Those old-time mothers had noses as keen as Jack Russell terriers sniffing out rats.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Juddbert

Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:55 pm Post

Are we talking blue cheese here?
Can't write right. Don't care neither. Er...either.

Scrivener 3.1.5 on macOS 10.15.6
Occasional player of the old Scappleodium...

vic-k

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:05 pm Post

More than likely'

A ripe Stilton or Gorgonzola perhaps, even a Cornish version of `Stinking Bishop`.

Whilst researching an article on the Navvies (canal and railway builders 1700/1800s), I unearthed the extremely unsavoury fact that: It wasn`t too uncommon, for for some of them, to put on a new pair of boots and not remove them until they were virtually falling off there feet. It doesn`t do to dwell for too long in contemplation of that titbit. Ughh!

Judders old friend, have you met Pink? A comely looking and personable young wench and no mistake.

Pink say hello to Judders the,`Beast of Boddmin Moor` and man about town(Penzance).

Take care

vic

pink

Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:53 pm Post

I had a boyfriend like that once. He lived in his doc martens, and they moved about the room in the middle of the night when no-one was looking. I think they had their own drawer. It was actually better when he kept them on, because without them the smell remained contained.

crikey, hello judders. Lovely to meet you.

I must confess to being in Penzance once. I remember walking miles in the dark to find a pub that served food only to find that they didn't. So we walked all the way back to the field in which we were camped and asked the homeowner if she'd sell us some bread. She could have made even more money if she'd offered to sell some bread too.

Then we discovered that we'd left the top thingy off the tent and everything was damp. Except the bread. That could have been used to build houses.

vic-k

Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:00 pm Post

Good morning Pink,

Actually, if the truth be known, Judders isn`t the only lycanthrope on board the good ship,`Scrivener`. Captain Blount himself is a self confessed prowler of Bodmin Moor(naked, naturally).:twisted:

A not too careful scrutiny of the other members of Scrivener`s crew, will reveal tggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg <-- is what happens when your wife walks in to your `writers room`, carrying her jackboots, and dumps a bag of , `shoe polishing` paraphernalia, onto your keyboard, with the exhortation, "Clean `em, please!) [digression ends].... will reveal some veeerrrryy perculiar behavoural traits, inclining one to ponder whether or not `The Marie Celeste`, would be a more apposite name for Scrivener. I shall leave you to come to your own conclusions on that matter

Shoe duty calls
Take care
vic

lenf

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:01 pm Post

PJS wrote:... to follow up on Vic's observation, you hardly ever hear about Clean Old Men.l

For a film reference, A Hard Day's Night makes reference to a clean old man on a fairly regular basis. And the music's not too bad, either. :D

pink

Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:46 pm Post

I have a very strange mental image now of your wife in her jackboots, cutting down trees. That also leads to visions of you in a gingham apron and I really don't want to go there.

bock to the topic on hand, I saw Man on Fire last night.

PJ
PJS

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:08 pm Post

Gingham, acetylene, and Jameson.

A toxic brew if ever there was one.

Phil

vic-k

Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:30 pm Post

Phil,

I know:cry:
It doesn`t bear thinking about, does it?

Victoria :oops:

Juddbert

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:40 am Post

Gingham, acetylene, and Jamesons - the very clues that unmasked the notorious "Stockport Strangler". Coincidence? I think not.

Vic in an apron? Now that really is shocking Pink.

:shock:
Can't write right. Don't care neither. Er...either.

Scrivener 3.1.5 on macOS 10.15.6
Occasional player of the old Scappleodium...