It is a masterpiece of website design.

I coded it myself. Never had a lesson.
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Jaysen
Platform: Mac + Windows

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:11 pm Post

Have you you ever checked out Ioa-iffer's?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Jaysen

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:13 pm Post

Darn you Ioa!!!!

There used to be a different Ioa-iffer site that I happen to recall. I will not post it just incase Ioa has reasons. Let it suffice to say he kept the sign you are missing.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

Wock

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:21 pm Post

pigfender wrote:It is a masterpiece of website design.

I coded it myself. Never had a lesson.

I was blown away with the usage of HTML and CSS3.

PS. The only thing missing to make it a complete masterpiece was

"Hello World" in 48pt Bold Times Roman. (blinking)
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:34 pm Post

What I find most strange about my behaviour here is that I bother to actually link to the site in my forum profile.
http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
Image Image

Jaysen

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:37 pm Post

pigfender wrote:What I find most strange about my behaviour here is that I bother to actually link to the site in my forum profile.

We can add to that list for you if you would like.
Jaysen

ImageImage

Sin
Platform: Mac

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 pm Post

It reminds me of that one time when I invented Google.

Jaysen

Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:22 pm Post

Sin wrote:It reminds me of that one time when I invented Google.

Wasn't it later that same night you invented facebook?
Jaysen

ImageImage

KB
Site Admin

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:20 pm Post

Can we please stick to belittling the work of others? All this joviality isn't helping me get closure. :) Sod it, I am watching Alien tonight...
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."

Jaysen

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:27 pm Post

I thought I was. Sin's work is clearly bad fiction.

I know let's belittle the work of automakers next. They need a good "WTF were you thinking?" round of belittling in the forums.

BTW, how'd the jubilee turnout for you all (pronounced ya-all-s by sin, wock, and Jaysen)? Sounds like the kind of party we would have loved to spoil with our redneck offerings of affection and admiration. Unless the queen needs a new 'possum hat…
Jaysen

ImageImage

robertdguthrie

Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:49 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:[...] you all (pronounced ya-all-s by sin, wock, and Jaysen)?

Where I grew up, "y'all" and "y'alls" were considered to be snobbish $5 words. The correct trailer trash plural of "you" was "y'uns", or possibly "you-uns"*.

* For the (blissfully) uninformed, you may have heard the phrase "young-uns" to refer to someone many years the junior of the speaker... it's like that, but with 'you' instead of 'young'.
Often wrong, rarely in doubt.
Time for a change... I'm now rdale; same dog-avatar, same dog... channel?

Siren
Platform: Mac + iOS

Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 pm Post

KB wrote:Sod it, I am watching Alien tonight...

Not Ridley Scott's The Duellists, then? We're watching that at the moment, having recorded it off Film 4 last week. Lavishly filmed, beautifully costumed, nice touches of humour, lovely casting for the bit parts (Tom Conti, Alun Armstrong, Pete Postlethwaite, Liz Smith...), but altogether rather peculiar. How much of that is down to Joseph Conrad's plot in the original book, I'm not sure.
Literature & Latte support team

Sin

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:48 pm Post

KB wrote:Can we please stick to belittling the work of others? All this joviality isn't helping me get closure. :) Sod it, I am watching Alien tonight...

I would like to, but you scared me off from watching it. How bad is it on the Ridley Scott scale? Is it G.I. Jane bad? Matchstick Men bad? Or is it Gladiator bad, as in still worth watching?

Foxtrot

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:21 am Post

pigfender wrote:What I find most strange about my behaviour here is that I bother to actually link to the site in my forum profile.

Just had a look pigfender and I must say it is a step up on mine which just says "under construction" though I did code that myself as well. I really must not make decisions like "should I have a website" whilst under the influence of alcohol.

KB
Site Admin

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 am Post

Sin wrote:I would like to, but you scared me off from watching it. How bad is it on the Ridley Scott scale? Is it G.I. Jane bad? Matchstick Men bad? Or is it Gladiator bad, as in still worth watching?

Hmm, it's not G.I. Jane bad... Well, the visuals, acting and directing aren't, at least, but the script is that bad. The acting and bombast is Gladiator-esque. Meanwhile, Michael Fassbender is Blade Runner good throughout, despite the material he has to work with.

Surely some of you U.S. people have seen it now? Didn't it open there last night?
"You can't waltz in here, use my toaster, and start spouting universal truths without qualification."