Time For Another

pigfender
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 am Post

vic-k wrote:
bargain Bonzo wrote:"Veni, Vidi, Pepedi"
..........Wossast!!!!? ^ :shock:
How am I s'posed t' turn, 'pepedi', into 'pepedi steak an' onion's, when y've got that >" stuck there!! jeezzz!! tch!tch! Moderators need to gerra grip! :evil:

OFFTOPIC: you really would not enjoy a pepedi steak an' onions.
Who knew there really would be a use for GCSE Latin one day!
Last edited by pigfender on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some dice only have sixes." nom, 19 Oct 2013
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

http://www.pigfender.com | http://www.novelinaday.com

pigfender

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 am Post

and lovely ladies
"Piggy, I'm beginning to wonder if you are the best person to take advice from." Jaysen, 26 Sept 2014

Fluff
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:55 am Post

Herr Schweinkotflügel wrote:OFFTOPIC: you really would not enjoy a pepedi steak an' onions.

Herr Schweinkotflügel,
Mr Bargain Bonzo's witty faux Latin bastardisation of, 'I wee weed', :oops: opens so many door, for certain types of sickos, points them in the direction of so many avenues to contemplate travelling along, but then he slams the door in their faces, lowers the barrier across aforementioned avenues with: " And besides, posh people have :twisted: Devilled kidneys for breakfast all the time. You do know what the kidneys do Herr S :wink:
Fluff
Attachments
Devilled kidneys.jpg
Devilled kidneys.jpg (1.75 KiB) Viewed 787 times
Sent from Pangur ban's Astral iPad

Fluff

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:05 pm Post

to orgiastic abandon

pigfender

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:09 pm Post

. It was perhaps

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:19 pm Post

fortuitous, that Caligula
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Wock

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:08 pm Post

sniffed her armpits
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

Li
LinnyP
Platform: Windows

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:42 pm Post

and scratched her

Wock

Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:16 pm Post

edible thong zipper
The wheel is turning but the hamster is still dead.

Fluff

Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 pm Post

In a galaxy

bargonzo

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm Post

Fluff wrote:
Herr Schweinkotflügel wrote:OFFTOPIC: you really would not enjoy a pepedi steak an' onions.

Herr Schweinkotflügel,
Mr Bargain Bonzo's witty faux Latin bastardisation of, 'I wee weed', :oops: opens so many door, for certain types of sickos, points them in the direction of so many avenues to contemplate travelling along, but then he slams the door in their faces, lowers the barrier across aforementioned avenues with: " And besides, posh people have :twisted: Devilled kidneys for breakfast all the time. You do know what the kidneys do Herr S :wink:
Fluff

Mea Culpa, vic-k, Fluff, et al.

Y'all hereby have my permission to use any means necessary (e.g., posting a strikethrough of the offending text on your post, etc.) to represent emendations of my offending posts. I considered going up and editing the offending " "", then posting a three word "What Quotation Mark?" post, but I was too late to the party and too many subsequent posts had been made.

In addition, "pepedi" is not a "witty faux Latin bastardisation of, 'I wee weed'." It is an authentic Latin plagiarism from Horace of "I farted," stolen from the following website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_profanity
thus:
Wikipedia wrote:Pēdere: fart

Pēdō, pēdere, pepēdī (or pepidī), pēditum is the basic Latin word for fart.
[edit]Etymology
The word's antiquity and membership in the core inherited vocabulary is made manifest by its reduplicating perfect stem. It is cognate with Greek πέρδομαι (perdomai), English fart, Bulgarian prdi, Polish pierdzieć, Russian пердеть (perdet'), Sanskrit pardate, and Avestan pərəδaiti, all of which mean the same thing.
[edit]Usage
The word pōdex was synonymous with cūlus, "buttocks" (see above); this o-stem version of the root identified it as the source of flatulence. In the Sermones 1.8, 46, Horace writes:
Nam, displosa sonat quantum vesica, pepedi
diffissa nate ficus. . .
Christopher Smart translates this passage as “from my cleft bum of fig-tree I let a fart, which made as great an explosion as a burst bladder”. The "I" of this satire is the god Priapus, and Smart explains that he was made of fig-tree wood which split through being poorly prepared.

Incidentally (coincidentally as it happens), the term also contains a very subtle but amusing reference to an earlier vic-k post in this story, as seen here:

Wikipedia wrote:In the Romance languages and English
Pēdere and pēditum survive in Romance. In French, the verb péter and the noun pet are quite productive. In Catalan, the verb is petar-se and the noun is pet. In Spanish the noun pedo as well as the verbs peerse and pedorrear are similarly derived. Portuguese peido and peidar(-se), (-dei) and Galician peido and peidar(se) are related. Italian peto is less common than scoreggia and its derived verb scoreggiare.
The English word petard, found mostly in the cliché "hoist with his own petard", comes from an early explosive device whose noise was likened to the sound of breaking wind. English also has petomania for a performance of musical farting, and petomane for the performer, after Le Pétomane, a French performer active in the early 20th century.[10]
(Italics added for emphasis.)

(But it really takes away much of the fun if I have to close-read my own submissions.)
Last edited by bargonzo on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Imagine this very elaborate scientific lie: that sound cannot travel through outer space. Well, but suppose it can.

Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

bargonzo

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:10 pm Post

entirely too nearby
Imagine this very elaborate scientific lie: that sound cannot travel through outer space. Well, but suppose it can.

Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow

Sin
Platform: Mac

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 pm Post

to the bald

Fluff

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 am Post

bargonzo wrote:Fluff wrote:
Herr Schweinkotflügel wrote:
OFFTOPIC: you really would not enjoy a pepedi steak an' onions.

Herr Schweinkotflügel,
Mr Bargain Bonzo's witty faux Latin bastardisation of, 'I wee weed', opens so many door, for certain types of sickos, points them in the direction of so many avenues to contemplate travelling along, but then he slams the door in their faces, lowers the barrier across aforementioned avenues with: " And besides, posh people have Devilled kidneys for breakfast all the time. You do know what the kidneys do Herr S
Fluff

Mea Culpa, vic-k, Fluff, et al.

Y'all hereby have my permission to use any means necessary (e.g., posting a strikethrough of the offending text on your post, etc.) to represent emendations of my offending posts. I considered going up and editing the offending " "", then posting a three word "What Quotation Mark?" post, but I was too late to the party and too many subsequent posts had been made.

In addition, "pepedi" is not a "witty faux Latin bastardisation of, 'I wee weed'." It is an authentic Latin plagiarism from Horace of "I farted," stolen from the following website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin_profanity
thus:
Wikipedia wrote:
Pēdere: fart

Pēdō, pēdere, pepēdī (or pepidī), pēditum is the basic Latin word for fart.
[edit]Etymology
The word's antiquity and membership in the core inherited vocabulary is made manifest by its reduplicating perfect stem. It is cognate with Greek πέρδομαι (perdomai), English fart, Bulgarian prdi, Polish pierdzieć, Russian пердеть (perdet'), Sanskrit pardate, and Avestan pərəδaiti, all of which mean the same thing.
[edit]Usage
The word pōdex was synonymous with cūlus, "buttocks" (see above); this o-stem version of the root identified it as the source of flatulence. In the Sermones 1.8, 46, Horace writes:
Nam, displosa sonat quantum vesica, pepedi
diffissa nate ficus. . .
Christopher Smart translates this passage as “from my cleft bum of fig-tree I let a fart, which made as great an explosion as a burst bladder”. The "I" of this satire is the god Priapus, and Smart explains that he was made of fig-tree wood which split through being poorly prepared.

Incidentally (coincidentally as it happens), the term also contains a very subtle but amusing reference to an earlier vic-k post in this story, as seen here:

Wikipedia wrote:
In the Romance languages and English
Pēdere and pēditum survive in Romance. In French, the verb péter and the noun pet are quite productive. In Catalan, the verb is petar-se and the noun is pet. In Spanish the noun pedo as well as the verbs peerse and pedorrear are similarly derived. Portuguese peido and peidar(-se), (-dei) and Galician peido and peidar(se) are related. Italian peto is less common than scoreggia and its derived verb scoreggiare.
The English word petard, found mostly in the cliché "hoist with his own petard", comes from an early explosive device whose noise was likened to the sound of breaking wind. English also has petomania for a performance of musical farting, and petomane for the performer, after Le Pétomane, a French performer active in the early 20th century.[10]
(Italics added for emphasis.)

(But it really takes away much of the fun if I have to close-read my own submissions.)

the fun if I have to close-read my own submissions.

Good lord! :shock: Saints preserve us! We can't be doing with that kind of behaviour aboard Scrivener, Mr B. If one of us does it, then the rest will have no excuse but to follow suit. Who knows which road to Damnation 'twill lead us down?! :( A quick skim is the way to go, Mr B. :wink:

Ah well,"Once more into our britches dear friends" (once heard emanating from a stall in the ex-RED LION's toilets).
Fluff
Last edited by Fluff on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fluff

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:17 am Post

Agrippa, Mother Superior