Anyone fromLondon?I'm looking for a good coffee house.Redux

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:26 am Post

vic-k wrote:You can tell by the crap photography, who took it. Pictures of other folk were studiously avoided.

Probably just as well, then! :twisted:
Mr X
Last edited by xiamenese on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
iMac 27" (late 2015) 10.15.4, 24GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSID
2017 iPad, iPadOS 13.3, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

Cadence
Platform: Mac + Windows

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:16 am Post

vic-k wrote:
Cadence wrote:P.S. Cady wants more pics.

Me thinks cady wants to see blood. A noble beast, a stag like creature…me, prostrate, felled by a Palinesque Ange. Sorry to disappoint, but we never came to blows. As soon as she started squealing, I let her take the laptop.

Well yeah, Stag Larsson. Seeing the two of you clutching the laptop thus, the lady with a murderous gleam in her eye, and you with your jaw set in determination, I was kinda hoping for some freakin' blood. :D

vic-k wrote:...The only other piccy, is of a row of jars of tea behind the counter. You can tell by the crap photography, who took it. Pictures of other folk were studiously avoided...

And who knows what's really inside them bottles of, um, tea. I mean. Could be blood. :D
Hmm. I think I might have watched one Buffy episode too many. :oops:

*staring at Mark's new signature* Mr. X! :shock: Oh no! Where is our Mark? It's the Le D syndrome! Psycho sound effect
Surely it's not, oh, catching? :shock:

"Catching?" It is...how do you say in French...c'est très drôle... :twisted:
Maîtresse Camille
Last edited by Cadence on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cady.
Procrastination Dominatrix, Duchess of Delayshire, & Lady Protector of the Brown-throated Three-toed Sloth.

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:21 pm Post

Maîtresse Camille wrote:"Catching?" It is...how do you say in French...c'est très drôle...
Maîtresse Camille
Camille, mon amour, there is only one, Le D. C'est moi :twisted:
Attachments
imgres.jpg
imgres.jpg (5.59 KiB) Viewed 1090 times
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

xiamenese

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:33 pm Post

Cadence wrote:Mr. X! :shock: Oh no! Where is our Mark? It's the Le D syndrome! Psycho sound effect

I blame the headless one! :lol:

Mark
Last edited by xiamenese on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaysen

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:00 pm Post

xiamenese wrote:
Cadence wrote:
xiamenese wrote:Mr X

Mr. X! :shock: Oh no! Where is our Mark? It's the Le D syndrome! Psycho sound effect

I blame the headless one! :lol:

Mark

An honor, sir. I assure you it is an honor!
Last edited by Jaysen on Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

vic-k

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:57 pm Post

This thread was bit of fun at first. That's why I gave the young couple that opened the shop, a link to it, and invited them to view. Sorry I did now.
Thanks
Vic
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jaysen

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 pm Post

vic-k wrote:This thread was bit of fun at first. That's why I gave the young couple that opened the shop, a link to it, and invited them to view. Sorry I did now.
Thanks
Vic

Why's that?
Jaysen

I have a wife and 2 kids that I can only attribute to a wiggle, a giggle, and the realization that she was out of my league so I might as well be happy with her as a friend. 26 years marriage later, I can't imagine life without her. -Me 10/7/09

ImageImage

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 pm Post

I hope we haven't contributed any tension or difficulty for yourself, Angela or CoffeeFix.
Complete and utter NOMsense.

vic-k

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:28 am Post

Nom,
I'm in over reaction mode, ignore me.
Rest assured, you and the others have more than contributed to the twin purpose of the thread. Wishing Gareth and Claira good luck with the launch of CoffeeFix and flying Scriv’s flag, whilst having a laugh.
Vic
Last edited by vic-k on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

da
dafu

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:52 am Post

vic-k wrote:Am I being overly sensitive in thinking there could be just the teeniest hint of schadenfreude behind the post.

Aw, Vic! Relax! It really doesn't read like anything more than a passing quip. And if you may have noticed, elsewhere on the forum there's a monstrous active thread full of manic tea-philia and exotic Chinese names that Mark may have just jumped from to this one. So, visit the shop again, accept the possibility of being strewn with wet tea leaves, and get on with having a good time.

Dave

xiamenese

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:12 am Post

Vic, it was intended as a joke, and rather at your expense based on the photo, as the jars in the photo don't look to me as if they contain tea and the bottles certainly don't ... so I'm truly sorry if it has caused you any hardship with the people who have opened the shop.

In apology, I will see if I can send them and you a small sample of teas from here, through a certain other member of this forum that I have reason to believe will be coming your way in the not-too-distant future.
:oops:
Mark

vic-k

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 pm Post

dafu wrote:
vic-k wrote:Am I being overly sensitive in thinking there could be just the teeniest hint of schadenfreude behind the post.

Aw, Vic! Relax! It really doesn't read like anything more than a passing quip. And if you may have noticed, elsewhere on the forum there's a monstrous active thread full of manic tea-philia and exotic Chinese names that Mark may have just jumped from to this one. I have been following it. I had planned on seeing if all/any of the funny tea words, had any resonence for the lovely Claira. So, visit the shop again, accept the possibility of being strewn with wet tea leaves, If Claira is as ruthless as she is lovely, it won't be wet tea leaves, it'll be more like: reduced to a quivering wreck in front of a sizeable bunch of coffeeshopites. and get on with having a good time. I may be walking in fear for the foreseeable future.
vic

Dave
Last edited by vic-k on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vic-k

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 pm Post

Cady, Jaysen, Mark.
Thanks a million for your cooperation, kindness and understanding.
Take care
Vic
Last edited by vic-k on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jaysen

Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:37 pm Post

Wait. I think I missed something. You guys with your multi-lingual skills already have my head spinning and now I am worried that something bad happened while I was looking. Yet I can't figure out what it was.

Mr X, do you have tea shipping capabilities? It won't be long before I am hurting for a fix. And since my dealer is easily (and properly) preoccupied I need to find a new source.
Jaysen

ImageImage

xiamenese

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:23 pm Post

Jaysen wrote:Wait. I think I missed something. You guys with your multi-lingual skills already have my head spinning and now I am worried that something bad happened while I was looking. Yet I can't figure out what it was.

Mr X, do you have tea shipping capabilities? It won't be long before I am hurting for a fix. And since my dealer is easily (and properly) preoccupied I need to find a new source.

Since I'm going to be shipping myself in the near future, I am planning on shipping some tea along with me ... as above.

I'm sure, just as s/he-who-shall-not-be-named could send you some, I'm sure I can arrange something, but a more formal way like that will have to wait till I get back here in mid-February.

Mark