I know you are, but what am I?

Me
Merx
Platform: Mac

Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:48 am Post

No, free for personal use.

https://obsidian.md/pricing

Obsidian is free to use, mostly

You need to pay for Obsidian if and only if you use it for revenue-generating, work-related activities in a company that has two or more people. Get a commercial license for each user if that's the case. Non-profit organizations do not need commercial licenses.

For all other uses, you can use Obsidian for free forever.

To support our development, you can pay for one-time Catalyst licenses to get early access to new Obsidian versions, but it's completely optional. You can contribute more via Obsidian Unlimited if you wish.

https://obsidian.md/eula

Merx

Tw
Twolane
Platform: Windows

Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:06 pm Post

Yes, I read that, too, but there's a lot of working authors in here, so for all of us it's paid. 50 a year. Every year.

Me
Merx

Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:06 pm Post

If you "use it for revenue-generating, work-related activities in a company that has two or more people" then there is a charge, although $50 per user is virtually nothing at all for a revenue-generating company with two or more staff.

If you're a single writer working outside a company there is no charge. That probably is most of the writers "here".

Merx

Orpheus

Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:43 pm Post

Wysardry wrote:Well, to me this seems less like a discussion and more like an argument with a bunch of Obvionesque Adoring Fans, but that's just my opinion.

In any case, I shall not be continuing it as I've said all I needed to.

It seems that push back is not tolerated. And anyone who does push back is relegated to mindless fan box.
"Never was there a time when I [Krsna] did not exist, nor you, nor all these
kings; nor in the future shall any of us cease to be.” Bhagavad-gita