The price of tea in China

wo
wordjoy
Platform: Windows

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:02 am Post

Astaff wrote:
wordjoy wrote:I run MAC OS on a Windows VM and touch works pretty well in many cases there just acting like the touchpad mapped over the screen..
With them also doing iOS and I hear Andriod version, touch will need to be native too all but Mac soon.

MacOS on Win VM... on Apple hardware? Otherwise breach of licence..... :lol:

iOS and Android are very different from Win and the apps for those platforms are/will be very different from those for full OS such as Win and MacOS.

At this stage the Win team aren’t acting on Wish List suggestions just focussing on getting the bugs out.

I would be more than happy to pay Apple for thier OS, but have ZERO interest in buying their obsolete Mac hardware. I also have no problem with LL moving this to the suggestions section as am well aware of where they are on the process to get Windows 3.x out.

As
Astaff
Platform: Mac, Win + iOS

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:08 am Post

wordjoy wrote:
I would be more than happy to pay Apple for thier OS, but have ZERO interest in buying their obsolete Mac hardware. I also have no problem with LL moving this to the suggestions section as am well aware of where they are on the process to get Windows 3.x out.

Hmm.15” i9, 32Gb, vega20, fastest SSD in a notebook runs rings around all but the most expensive, bulky, ugly, heavy Win gaming laptops and a lower TCO to boot. Sorry but nothing obsolete about that. Found anyone else who offers an 18 core, all-in one with built in 5K monitor? Obsolete, my arse to paraphrase someone... The old Obsolete or Expensive Apple bleats have been disproven many times over. I say this as a mixed Apple/Win user with top spec gear on both platforms.

As for licence, It’s not a matter of whether you want to pay Apple for their OS or not, licence is very specific - Apple hardware only. On anything else it’s ...........

wo
wordjoy
Platform: Windows

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:31 am Post

Astaff wrote:
wordjoy wrote:

Hmm.15” i9, 32Gb, vega20, fastest SSD in a notebook runs rings around all but the most expensive, bulky, ugly, heavy Win gaming laptops and a lower TCO to boot. Sorry but nothing obsolete about that. Found anyone else who offers an 18 core, all-in one with built in 5K monitor? Obsolete, my arse to paraphrase someone... The old Obsolete or Expensive Apple bleats have been disproven many times over. I say this as a mixed Apple/Win user with top spec gear on both platforms.

As for licence, It’s not a matter of whether you want to pay Apple for their OS or not, licence is very specific - Apple hardware only. On anything else it’s ...........

Hows the Face Biometric unlock, touch screen and tilt sensitive stylus support on that?
Bigger stats don't make for current technology, just batter burn, its about fitness and adaptability.
I prefer light, solid keyboard and adaptability.
Oh and the CLOSED system approach just adds to it. I started with Apple in the beginning. They left me.
I have paid Mac software that I use sometimes, like scrivner.. Like I said its a fine OS, but lagging HP, DELL, and Even Acer in the capability of the machines. Pretty much ignored for iOS platform.

As
Astaff

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:23 am Post

wordjoy wrote:Hows the Face Biometric unlock, touch screen and tilt sensitive stylus support on that?
Bigger stats don't make for current technology, just batter burn, its about fitness and adaptability.
I prefer light, solid keyboard and adaptability.
Oh and the CLOSED system approach just adds to it. I started with Apple in the beginning. They left me.
I have paid Mac software that I use sometimes, like scrivner.. Like I said its a fine OS, but lagging HP, DELL, and Even Acer in the capability of the machines. Pretty much ignored for iOS platform.

Touch ID is instant and secure as opposed to 2d face used on other PC’s that can be defeated by a picture, a secure, fast file system, don’t need touch, or stylus, so 100% fitness and adaptability. Outrun all the brands you mention in capability and lower total cost of ownership/higher quality - just ask IBM. Mac OS is no more closed system than Win, other than You aren’t supposed to run it on dodgy 3rd party equipment. With Mac/iPad Apple are largest. Computer manufacturer (i know idg and the other MS paid mobs count Win tablets in PC sales estimates that are always wrong but not iPad to make the stats come out the way they want). Mac OS must be pretty good if you’re happy to pirate it.

Ji
JimRac
Platform: Win + iOS

Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:24 am Post

Would you guys take your off topic discussion to PM please. Thank you.
I’m just a customer.

As
Astaff

Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:45 am Post

JimRac wrote:Would you guys take your off topic discussion to PM please. Thank you.

A valid discussion and rebuttal of Expensive etc Apple fake claims. You’re not forced to read.

The Great Edhead
Platform: Mac, Win + Linux

Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:06 am Post

Astaff wrote:
JimRac wrote:Would you guys take your off topic discussion to PM please. Thank you.

A valid discussion and rebuttal of Expensive etc Apple fake claims. You’re not forced to read.

Nevertheless, you have derailed the topic. I came in hoping to read about potential progress on touchscreen support only to find two people arguing about whether Mac or Windows is better. In most internet forums it is considered impolite if not outright rude to go off topic. Can we please get back on subject?

devinganger

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:17 am Post

Astaff wrote:A valid discussion

in some other forum, *not* in the Beta Testing (Windows) forum.
--
Devin L. Ganger, WA7DLG
Not a L&L employee; opinions are those of my cat
Winner "Best in Class", 2018 My First Supervillain Photo Shoot

As
Astaff

Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:21 am Post

Oh for FS.

Out of here.

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:52 pm Post

Moderator Note: off-topic platform flame war split from original thread.
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles

xiamenese
Platform: Mac

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:00 am Post

And there I was hoping for a discussion about tea in China … having spent 13 years in South Fujian, where Tieguanyin comes from!

:roll:

Mark
The Scrivenato sometimes known as Mr X.
rMBP 13" (early 2015) 10.14.5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
MBP17" (late 2011) 10.13.6, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSID
2017 iPad, iOS 12.3.1, 128GB, Apple Pencil
Scrivener, Scapple, Nisus Writer Pro, Bookends …

AmberV
Platform: Mac + Linux

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:55 pm Post

All glory to oolong!

I never did quite have the budget for that one, though. :mrgreen:
.:.
Ioa Petra'ka
“Whole sight, or all the rest is desolation.” —John Fowles