Seeing your own typos

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:49 pm Post

Jacqi,
I am so,so, sorry! It`s just come back to me. You said his name was Seamus Gregorovich :D That`s it! Fancy me thinking it was Patrick Ivanovich :oops: Nothing like is it?
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Jacqi Corgan

Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:49 pm Post

LOL! :lol: Of course, the error was Fluff's. I can forgive a cat just about anything! :D
A scrivener using Scrivener. (Credit to xiamenese! :) )

vic-k
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:46 am Post

Jacqi Corgan wrote: I can forgive a cat just about anything!

Why, thank you counsellor. :D
Fluff
P.S.Regards to Wilhelm
Last edited by vic-k on Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

PJ
PJS

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 pm Post

Tacitus wrote:Yes, this Civil Engineer remembers [slide rules] well and, has a certain regret that school pupils were ever introduced to the pocket calculator. To use a slide rule well, you needed to acquire a grasp of number patterns which, in addition, helped when trying to understand mathematical concepts. The slide rule was an aid, the calculator is a crutch which breeds dependency.

People younger than you and me may scoff, if only because they cannot imagine a time without such gadgets as calculators and cell phones, et al, but I believe there is a loss to our spirit when we come too much to depend upon technology to accomplish those tasks we once performed within our selves.

Analogous to the calculator-inspired decline in appreciation of mathematical concepts, I suspect an e-mail-inspired decline in graceful writing and a cell-phone-inspired decline in polite conversation.

Carpers and grousers desist! I agree: I have maundered on at length -- an illustrative redundancy -- when a few simple words might have sufficed. Someone fluent in both old-speak and new-speak will translate the foregoing into a text message for you. (And yes, I did mean "our selves" and not "ourselves.")

Phil
You can't conquer stupid — or cure it — with more stupid.