True or False??

NsKu
Platform: Windows

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:54 am Post

I read from somewhere that brains need sugar to work. So question is, is this true or false. When you have good and inventious writing going on, are picking up more candy than normal or are you just living with coffee?

For me, good peppermint choclate caramels seems to work. I think? :D

Have a nice and sunny Sunday 8)
If you spell it right, it must be right even its wrong

Tw
Twolane

Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:13 pm Post

I use my once-daily poison of choice as a reward for a day well-composed: One coffee-machine cuppa café crema infused with a half-and-half mixture of cream and chemical-enhanced French Vanilla flavouring. How French it is and how much vanilla is involved doesn't concern me.

I hasten to add that it is only once a day, at the end of the writing process. And, horror of horrors, sometimes I drink tea, instead.

As to the OP's question, I have no idea.

Silverdragon
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:41 pm Post

False. Brains can also run on ketones. These are the little goodies produced when your body burns fat. In fact, mine seems to work better that way.
So you know where I'm coming from:
  • I'm a user, not an L&L employee.
  • Mac Scrivener 3.1.3, MacBook Air 11, MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave)
  • IOS Scrivener 1.1.5; iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 12.4; iPad 6th gen, iOS 12.4

lunk
Platform: Mac + iOS

Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:51 pm Post

The brain works best when the body is kept busy with something tåwhich the brain doesn’t have to pay attention to. This has been tested in numerous experiments. Some take a walk, I muck the stables.
I am a user, writing non-fiction and science, using:
* Mac Scrivener 3 on a Macbook 12”, MacBook Pro 13”, and iMac 27”, all running the latest MacOS
* iOS Scrivener 1 on an iPhone 8, iPad Air 9.7”, and iPad Pro 12.9”, all running the latest iOS

Tanith

Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:23 am Post

lunk wrote:The brain works best when the body is kept busy with something tåwhich the brain doesn’t have to pay attention to. This has been tested in numerous experiments. Some take a walk, I muck the stables.

I have found this works best for me. Doing some task around the house...cleaning, cooking, whatever...frees the old gray cells to do their own thing and I'm often surprised by what they throw at me.

And like me, they're getting grayer all the time... :mrgreen: