Page 6 of 6

Re: Music for writing

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 4:42 pm
by JimRac
Marc64 wrote:Me personally, I love music. Maybe too much to have any playing whilst writing as my mind gets drawn towards it.
Me too!
Marc64 wrote:Silence is my best partner when writing.
But silence is too quiet for me. My middle ground is MyNoise.net and the MyNoise app. :)

Re: Music for writing

Posted: Wed May 06, 2020 5:30 pm
by Marc64
JimRac wrote:
Marc64 wrote:Silence is my best partner when writing.
But silence is too quiet for me. My middle ground is MyNoise.net and the MyNoise app. :)


Ooh, never seen that before, might have to have a play. :mrgreen:

Re: Music for writing

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:31 am
by rickw
Some great suggestions here. I love peaceful ambient music to write to, of any genre.

But is it just me that also likes to write to youtube coffee shop background noise? There are a few out there, and you get a favourite, it lasts for an hour - perfect for drifting away to and waking up an hour later a thousand words down the track!

This is favourite at the moment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOdLmxy06H0 - helps to have decent noise cancelling headphones, and you're really there.

Re: Music for writing

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:54 pm
by JimRac
rickw wrote:But is it just me that also likes to write to youtube coffee shop background noise?
Believe it or not, some of my most productive 'in the zone' moments happened while writing in a crowded McDonalds. Somehow, within that smorgasbord of human white noise, it becomes easier for me to find focus.

Best,
JIm

Re: Music for writing

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:30 pm
by Orpheus
Jesse Cook - Nuevo Flamenco/Rumba

https://tinyurl.com/ybu6byky

and
https://tinyurl.com/y94dwqk8

Armenian Duduk music

https://tinyurl.com/y7hazbju

Re: Music for writing

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 am
by xiamenese
Orpheus wrote:Jesse Cook - Nuevo Flamenco/Rumba

https://tinyurl.com/ybu6byky

and
https://tinyurl.com/y94dwqk8

Armenian Duduk music

https://tinyurl.com/y7hazbju

I don’t know the second, but I really love the first … but not for writing to … while cooking, doing the washing up, doing a crossword …

:)

Mark