Men Don't Read?

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:11 pm Post

Juddbert wrote:I think I'm about to vomit too.
Ahhh Beastie Boy! Y're jealous :D How sweet

St. Vic-k
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 pm Post

vic-k wrote:
nom wrote:And that, ladies and gentlemen (and publishers), is the kind of man who reads; inspires; nurtures; counsels, and is unstintingly supportive of lesser mortals.

Aww... Jock. What a nice thing to say. :oops:

Vic-k (I'm welling up inside).

I suspect the only reason I didn't originally say all of that myself is that it, literally, didn't occur to me. Luckily you corrected my lack of imagination and, being the thoughtful reader that you are, corrected the public record in a manner befitting a man of your reputation. As I'm sure you will attest, I should be honoured.
Complete and utter NOMsense.

vic-k

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:00 pm Post

nom wrote:
vic-k wrote:
nom wrote:And that, ladies and gentlemen (and publishers), is the kind of man who reads; inspires; nurtures; counsels, and is unstintingly supportive of lesser mortals.

Aww... Jock. What a nice thing to say. :oops:

Vic-k (I'm welling up inside).
I suspect the only reason I didn't originally say all of that myself is that it, literally, didn't occur to me. Well, it wouldn’t, would it? Why should it? “All of that”, is already widely acknowledged and accepted, globally. Nobody pays it much heed these days. Indeed, that’s as it should be.

Luckily you corrected my lack of imagination. No prob there. Only too happy to oblige, me old cock-sparra. As we meander along life’s highways and byways, we all need a helping hand, from time to time, some more than others.

and, being the thoughtful reader that you are, corrected the public record in a manner befitting a man of your reputation. One tries one's best
As I'm sure you will attest, I should be honoured.

Jock. I’m not sure whether :roll: I’m following the thrust of your post there.
Are you asking me: to declare, unreservedly, with hand on heart, that it is my firm and unshakeable belief, that you should be held in the highest regard, by the rest of Humankind?
“I should be honoured.” Well it’s to be hoped, that that’s how we all relate to each other.

Or are you saying, that, you, should feel honoured at my deigning to devote a minute or two of my valuable time, to rectifying, what in the final analysis, is naught but the most human of human failings, on your part?... well if that be the case, then perish the thought, me old mucker, perish...?

Must dash! Christmas comes a-galloping.
Take care Jock
Vic-k

As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

nom
Platform: Mac + iOS

Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:55 am Post

vic-k wrote:
nom wrote:As I'm sure you will attest, I should be honoured.

Jock. I’m not sure whether :roll: I’m following the thrust of your post there.
Are you asking me: to declare, unreservedly, with hand on heart, that it is my firm and unshakeable belief, that you should be held in the highest regard, by the rest of Humankind?
“I should be honoured.” Well it’s to be hoped, that that’s how we all relate to each other.

Perhaps not my intended meaning but it is clear that, given this exchange, I shall at least be regarded in a new and different light by members of polite society and, quite possibly, members of other societies too. I will have the certain knowledge that I will have you to thank as my reputation will never be the same.

vic-k wrote:Or are you saying, that, you, should feel honoured at my deigning to devote a minute or two of my valuable time, to rectifying, what in the final analysis, is naught but the most human of human failings, on your part?... well if that be the case, then perish the thought, me old mucker, perish...?

I am but mortal and, in displaying my imperfection, prove my humanity. Who other than a deeply flawed human would impinge upon your time and seek an encounter with a welder in this rarefied domain (especially, as you note, in the lead up to Christmas)?

Perhaps only now I begin to understand the challenges facing publishers as they struggle with the concept of men, nay, welders who read.
Complete and utter NOMsense.

vic-k

Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:42 pm Post

nom wrote:s they struggle with the concept of men, nay, welders who read.

Welder philosophers/philosophers, as a targeted intellectual socio/economic group, do indeed, present the average publishing houses with a conceptual conundrum, but one proffering incommensurable possibilities... I would imagine.

Take care Jock :wink:
Vic