Procrastination ... like posting a topic in a writing forum

ro
rochefore

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:49 am Post

For years I suffered from this procrastination thing. Every morning it took me two hours to finally get "into" my novel or the magazine article or whatever I was writing at the moment. It makes me sad to think of all the time that I have wasted.
Then finally I was fed up. I realized: I am going to procrastinate half of my life away if I don't do something. And now I just sit down and start immediately. No matter what comes to my mind, no matter how stupid, how silly, how ridiculous, how embarassing. I just start. My mind warms up like a good old Diesel engine and then starts running.
So my bottom line is: to stop procrastination you have to stop it.
But everybody is different.

da
davidguetta402
Platform: Windows

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:15 pm Post

ansley wrote:
werebear wrote:The root of procrastination is perfectionism.

I think i have to agree. Now that you mentioned it, it makes sense. Cause only in trying to achieve perfection do we get easily dissappointed and discouraged and stall for time until we end up doing less and less. I guess this gives us a different approach.

Can't agree more.. You're absolutely right and I personally believe that we shouldn't set our standards like the way we end up disappointing ourselves.

Dr
Dr Dog
Platform: Mac

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:55 pm Post

davidguetta402 wrote:
ansley wrote:
werebear wrote:The root of procrastination is perfectionism.

I think i have to agree. Now that you mentioned it, it makes sense. Cause only in trying to achieve perfection do we get easily dissappointed and discouraged and stall for time until we end up doing less and less. I guess this gives us a different approach.

Can't agree more.. You're absolutely right and I personally believe that we shouldn't set our standards like the way we end up disappointing ourselves.

You waited 11 years to respond? :lol:
Developmental Editor, Historian of Medicine, Keeper of Deerhounds