Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:33 pm Post
Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:51 pm Post
Where are you located?
in munich, germany
How long did it take you?
about 3 years overall - with different intensity (see next question).
What steps did you take?
1. Read, read, read. Books. Analyse them. Read books on how to write novels. Planned the story. (1 yr)
2. Wrote the first half, an expose and synopses for the rest (1 yr not so intense)
3. sent expose and 50 pages out to agents (yes, no publishers, only agents), sent first half after they were interested, found a good one (3 months intense)
4. he sent it out to publishing houses while I finished the book (3 months very intense)
5. found a publishing house, signed the contract (2 months - very nervous)
What was the hardest part to do?
coping with all the refusals and not to faint when i got the news who is gonna publish it. no, seriously: I found the hardest part writing without professional feedback for such a long time. I had a friend who helped me a lot, but still: no publisher talks to you, you can't ask: is this good? what am i getting wrong? it changes, when you find a good agent though.
What part took the longest time to accomplish?
I lost the most time before i had scrivener, because i just couldn't adapt to working in a word processor. just doesn't fit me. after that I still had some motivational issues, but at least, I knew where i was going...
Did you share your story with communities like this one?
no, I never had the courage to do so. also, there is a huge questionmark about publishing on the internet, because most publishers consider it published. if you want to share, i would recommend not publicly posting it but using email to people directly.
Yes I'm a newbie LOL..... but I'm so sincere
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 1048 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest