another new book written in Scrivener - my first

ni
nicka

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:02 pm Post

The forum description says to boast here. Well, OK then, if I must... . My first book, written entirely in Scrivener, is out now. It's the book I mentioned here some time ago in this thread. Scrivener turned out to be an excellent tool for this book, a kind of lexicon of an academic subject (linguistic pragmatics). Each headword has its own document in the draft folder: 228 in total.

Many thanks to Keith for Scrivener. I have no idea if I would have been able to write this book without it and I'm very glad I didn't have to try. Thanks also to the community here for numerous tips and endless distraction...

Pl
Plette

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:58 pm Post

Congratulations! Linguistics is fascinating and the book does look useful. I hope it brings you success of various kinds!

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm Post

Nicholas.
Congratulations and Good Luck for a successful launch.
"Key Terms in Pragmatics provides a brilliant, sophisticated and highly readable overview of the current state of the art in pragmatics.
- Professor Deirdre Wilson, Division of Psychology and Language Sciences University College London, UK

Who`s gonna argue with a Prof? :D
Vic

As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

ni
nicka

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm Post

Who`s gonna argue with a Prof?

Not me. Or at least, not with that one...

Thank you both, Plette and vic-k!