I have launched my Jason Dark series

Guido

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 am Post

Only last week I have finally launched my series of gothic horror stories called "Jason Dark: Ghost Hunter" that can be found online at http://www.jasondarkseries.com as well as in the Kindle store. Currently the first two volumes are available and in the coming months, more and more adventures will be released. Thanks to Scrivener, writing these stories and the many others that are in the release pipeline has been an exceedingly enjoyable process.

The series is a throwback to classic dime novels and is available as print editions and eBooks in a variety of formats, as well as for free online reading in your web browser. The series revolves around Jason Dark, a fearless and resourceful ghost hunter, that follows in the mold of Sherlock Holmes combined with Randall Garrett's Lord D'Arcy and is filled with enough mystery, drama and suspenseful action to transport you to the sinister, fog-shrouded streets of Victorian England - not to mention that it makes heavy use of historical and literary references to spice up the stories.

"Volume 1: Demon's Night" establishes the series as a series of bizarre deaths leaves the victims unnaturally desiccated and decaying, sending Jason Dark into the dangerous world of the London dockyards in search of a supernatural murderer. But is the paranormal investigator prepared to duel a full-fledged demon on a Hell-bent mission to create chaos and catastrophe throughout the earth, a fiend determined to wreak more death and destruction than his even more ominous Master?

In "Volume 2: Theater of Vampires," Jason Dark turns to an old friend for help when stage magic isn't what it seems. Explore the shadows of the Victorian Theater with London's most famous "Geisterjäger" as he confronts a horror beyond anything yet confronted. "Theater of Vampires" is a story of betrayal, discovery, and horror in the tradition of the Grand Guignol. The only admission price needed is your courage.

Your encounter with the extraordinary awaits and I hope you guys will have fun reading my stuff!

Guido Henkel
Gothic horror has a new hero! Follow Jason Dark in his exploits as he faces the horrors, the demons, the vampires, and every other diabolical monster imaginable on behalf of a more civilized world.

vic-k
Platform: Mac + Windows
Location: Protesting in the nude, outside ex Red Lion TESCO Store

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:01 am Post

Guido wrote:n search of a supernatural murderer. But is the paranormal investigator prepared to duel a full-fledged demon
Sounds as though he`s come against Le D. :shock: I don`t hold out much hope for him if he has. I`d get him out of there as quick as pos if I were you Guido.

Congratulations, and Good Luck with the series. :D
Fluff
As a professional, you, are your one and only asset. Without integrity you are worthless, but with it, you are priceless.

Typo

Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:08 pm Post

Guido wrote:Guido Henkel

Just a second - Guido Henkel of "Hellowoon", "Ooze", "Drachen von Laas" and "Planescape: Torment"?

Guido

Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:25 pm Post

Yes, indeed... Guido Henkel of "Hellowoon", "Ooze", "Drachen von Laas" and "Planescape: Torment"?

.. and, of course, "Das Schwarze Auge"...

Just another update real quick, the third volume in the Jason Dark: Ghost Hunter series has just been released, called Ghosts Templar. It is available over on our website at http://www.jasondarkseries.com as well as in various online eBook stores.
Gothic horror has a new hero! Follow Jason Dark in his exploits as he faces the horrors, the demons, the vampires, and every other diabolical monster imaginable on behalf of a more civilized world.

Typo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:45 am Post

Then you're partly to blame what's become of me - a writer for games, especially adventures. I have fond memories of Ooze on my Amiga - it fell right into my early Stephen King phase (which, well, has never really tapered) and fitted nicely. It was a pleasure not to rely on a dictionary while playing an adventure (didn't keep me from playing through a lot of Infocom and Magnetic Scrolls titles).

So - thanks! :) Great to see whoever gets washed up in these forums.

And good luck with Mr. Rellergerds creation! :D

Guido

Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:36 pm Post

Thanks, Typo, though my series is not Mr. Rellergerd's creation. He has nothing to do with it.

Typo

Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:31 pm Post

Guido wrote:though my series is not Mr. Rellergerd's creation. He has nothing to do with it.

Sorry about that. I thought it was a license ... well ... there is a certain resemblance ... ;)

su
suavito
Platform: Mac

Tue May 11, 2010 9:49 pm Post

Indeed there is. Maybe Rellergerd's Jason Dark nom de plume is only copyright protected in Europe?

Author’s Preface

I wrote this book in less than two hours. I think I’ve made as much of it as one could in such a short time.

Eugen Egner, Androids from Milk

IJ
IJB

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:01 am Post

Congratulations and good luck!

Joely xx
Driven by biscuits; fueled by tea.

Guido

Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:17 pm Post

For those of you who might be interested, the first volume of my "Jason Dark" series, Demon's Night has just been repriced and is now available for only 99 cents at Amazon, Barnes&Noble, Apple's IBooks, Kobo and Smashwords in eBook form.

Ch
Chryse
Platform: Windows

Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:09 am Post

Guido! I read all about Jason Dark on Joe Konrath's page. I didn't know you were a Scrivener user too. I'm also a writer. Published by the Record-Courier, winetree publishing, and even got a couple third place wins on poetry.com.

This Dark Magic was recently released:
http://www.amazon.com/This-Dark-Magic-ebook/dp/B0040JI0VI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300849661&sr=8-1