Page 2 of 2

Re: I passed!

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:09 pm
by robertdguthrie
nom wrote:sequelae

Oh-ho! Now that you've almost got your letters, you're getting all fancy, I see. Well, played Doctor Nom. Congratulations, on fanciness and passing alike!

Re: I passed!

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 pm
by KB
Congratulations!

Re: I passed!

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm
by vic-k
nom wrote:sequelae since I didn't prove causation
A bloke in Stockport, has just got a 1yr suspended sentence and 100 hrs community service, for that!! :shock: jeezz!!tch!tch!
Vic
never know who the bloody 'ell y're rubbin' shoulders with, aboard this old tub!

Re: I passed!

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:42 pm
by pigfender
nom wrote:
Jaysen wrote:
Hugh wrote:… By the way, what was your thesis about?

Irony would be "women who choose bad mates when better options are available". Although I suspect Mr K and I would have featured prominently in that study.
Hi vic-k!

I literally laughed out loud at that. :lol:
Sadly that wasn't it. Although irony may have featured in a different way. Thesis was on the psychological outcomes (or, more accurately, sequelae since I didn't prove causation) of a week-long youth leadership program for 18-30 year olds.

I was worried for a minute you were going to say it was on crowd and individual responses to controlled emotional stimuli on internet fora.

Re: I passed!

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:05 pm
by nom
robertdguthrie wrote:
nom wrote:sequelae

Oh-ho! Now that you've almost got your letters, you're getting all fancy, I see. Well, played Doctor Nom. Congratulations, on fanciness and passing alike!

To be honest, I just love the sound of that word: sequelae. Sequelae, sequelae, sequelae!
I think I just lost all my fancy points. :roll:

KB wrote:Congratulations!

Ta. Although, to my shame, I didn't name you in my acknowledgements, I believe that Scrivener made a huge contribution to the success of my thesis. Let me publicly acknowledge you here.

vic-k wrote:
nom wrote:sequelae since I didn't prove causation
A bloke in Stockport, has just got a 1yr suspended sentence and 100 hrs community service, for that!! :shock: jeezz!!tch!tch!
Vic

Attempting to prove causation is a risky business - he's lucky he only got a suspended sentence.

pigfender wrote:I was worried for a minute you were going to say it was on crowd and individual responses to controlled emotional stimuli on internet fora.

:shock:
Wish I'd thought of it.

Re: I passed!

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:26 pm
by pigfender
nom wrote:[I believe that Scrivener made a huge contribution to the success of my thesis. Let me publicly acknowledge you here.

In many ways Scrivener isn't writing software, but sanity software.

Re: I passed!

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:02 pm
by Jaysen
pigfender wrote:
nom wrote:[I believe that Scrivener made a huge contribution to the success of my thesis. Let me publicly acknowledge you here.

In many ways Scrivener isn't writing software, but sanity software.

Consider the user base. At least the vocal forum dwelling user base. Are you sure it is "sanity" instead of "insanity control" software?

Re: I passed!

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm
by pigfender
You say potato, I say potato.

No, wait that one doesn't work in print...

Re: I passed!

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:10 pm
by vic-k
What's sanitary ware got to do with it? :?
Vic

Re: I passed!

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:46 pm
by Jaysen
Question: If one personality of Mr K is sane, does that make all of him sane? What if that personality is not the actual Mr K personality, but is one of the off shoots?

Interesting thought nightmare.

Re: I passed!

Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:01 pm
by Fluff
You should know better than to write rubbish like that, Young Mr Jaysen. My human, Vic-k, hasn't got a personality.
Fluff

Re: I passed!

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:12 pm
by pigfender
Okay, now all that mushy congratulations stuff is out of the way:

phd012903s.gif
phd012903s.gif (58.93 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

phd012604s.gif
phd012604s.gif (66.55 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

phd080108s.gif
phd080108s.gif (72.94 KiB) Viewed 1728 times


Comics shamefully borrowed from PhD comics.
www.phdcomics.com

Re: I passed!

Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:25 pm
by nom
Piled Higher & Deeper is one of my favourite comics. Of the three you posted, I lived the first one on a daily basis, I suspect my wife lived the second and the third beautifully illustrates why I switched OS and won't go back.